Ladies, say hello to your pal!
  2. Senior Member
    Hi CountryStrong!
    I'm Makalani
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee. View Post
    Hi CountryStrong!
    I'm Makalani
    Honeybee! I'm Elissa. How are you today?

I'm at work, on a Monday, currently wondering if my students are going to behave today.
  4. Senior Member
    I'm off today! haha

Went to my Aunt's house for lunch, and now at home. Not too sure if I'm going to dinner with a friend yet, so I'm waiting for a text. Totally ready for a nap though.

What age group do you teach? Hope you have a good day!
  5. Senior Member

I'm off today! haha

Went to my Aunt's house for lunch, and now at home. Not too sure if I'm going to dinner with a friend yet, so I'm waiting for a text. Totally ready for a nap though.

What age group do you teach? Hope you have a good day!
    I wish I was off today. I love my job though. I teach 9th, 10th, and 11th graders. Hope you hear from your friend. I'm going to get Chipotle for dinner, then I have a skype date with DF and plans to put his Halloween care package together.
  6. Senior Member
    MMM Chipotle, I've heard that place is really good. But, we don't have one in Hawai'i and we certainly don't have one here in England LOL. What's it like teaching them at that age? I remember some kids were terrible to our teachers in high school! And the cussing was terrible

I painted DHs CP already, yet I haven't touched it in a week lol I should probably start on that soon. How long is yours gone for? This is our first deployment, and I think we're doing really good! But then again, I know he's safe where he is, so I don't have to worry! You HAVE to post your CP pics as you're making it!
  7. Senior Member

MMM Chipotle, I've heard that place is really good. But, we don't have one in Hawai'i and we certainly don't have one here in England LOL. What's it like teaching them at that age? I remember some kids were terrible to our teachers in high school! And the cussing was terrible

I painted DHs CP already, yet I haven't touched it in a week lol I should probably start on that soon. How long is yours gone for? This is our first deployment, and I think we're doing really good! But then again, I know he's safe where he is, so I don't have to worry! You HAVE to post your CP pics as you're making it!
    I love Chipotle. Since DF is gone I eat there like 3 or 4 times a week. I'll be sick of it by the time he is home. DF is gone for a year. So about 5 more months. I have my good and bad days. I know he is ready to come home so that sucks to know he is so homesick. Oh well. We are getting there.
  8. Senior Member
    We have about the same amount of time left! Even though yours left way before mine did. Just thinking "hey, only three more rounds of deployment pals (besides this one) and he'll be home!" makes it a lot easier to get through the days. DH never someplains about being homesick so it makes me think that he loves it more where he is, than he does when he's at home. He's not great about being sad. I don't think he knows that emotion very well. And if he does, he does a great job at hiding it! I think it's good that's he's being strong for me though..I need it

How was school today? Any naughty kids?
  9. Senior Member

We have about the same amount of time left! Even though yours left way before mine did. Just thinking "hey, only three more rounds of deployment pals (besides this one) and he'll be home!" makes it a lot easier to get through the days. DH never someplains about being homesick so it makes me think that he loves it more where he is, than he does when he's at home. He's not great about being sad. I don't think he knows that emotion very well. And if he does, he does a great job at hiding it! I think it's good that's he's being strong for me though..I need it

How was school today? Any naughty kids?
    I can't stand how long the Army deployments are, but oh well. What are you gonna do. I just try to think that I only have 4 holidays before he's home. Plus we countdown by weeks and his rotations. It helps.

I'm sure your DH is homesick. Sometimes I feel like they have to be big strong military men, but DF is good at letting me know how he's feeling. It think knowing that he has tough days too, helps sometimes. When I'm having a good day though, it makes me sad. We try to be 100% honest though about how we are feeling.

Work was okay. Didn't have any bad kids today so that's good. It was just Monday. I hate Mondays.

Just had a skype date with DF though We are looking at houses to buy. It's fun. We love to dream and plan our houses.

Now I'm cuddled in bed, just watching tv, basically being lazy. How was your day?
  10. Senior Member
    Aww I love talking about houses!! It gets us both so excited. And skype is so awesome. I just love it, so nice to see him and hear his voice!

Today, work was lame. I so want a desk job.

Today was Tuesday..was your day better than Monday? lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast