Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyndsay & QB77 September 2011

1. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Hello Lyndsay & QB77 September 2011

Advertisements
    ladies, come on in and say hello to your pal!
  2. Senior Member

3. Senior Member
    hi, how is your weekend going?
  4. Senior Member
    Bittersweet...my fiance is not deployed yet but will be this month so we're in the process of getting everything ready for it. Glad to still have time to spend with him...but not looking forward to him leaving. How has your weekend been?
  5. Senior Member
    Ohh yes such a bittersweet time. It is good that you get to spend so much time with him though. My weekend is going OK...it's quiet. I see this is your second deployment together, so you're an old hand at this deployment thing
  6. Senior Member
    Yep...its our second deployment. I honestly don't think it'll be any easier though...but I guess I'll see soon enough. I see your boyfriend has been gone 6 months so far...does he come home anytime soon? How's the communication with you guys when he's away?
  7. Senior Member
    Good Morning darlin

well you are probably right; I guess I was thinking that you have a sense of how things will be and you're not going into it with a newbie hopes and expectation, ykwim?

Yes he's been gone for seven months, though it's been eight months since I saw him (we are LDR). He is due home in two months. Communication was OK, but since the SEALs/Chinook attack it's basically gone down hill. I haven't heard from him awhile, this is the longest we've gone with communication. It's been a rough deployment and then that attack just made it worse.

BUT

I keep on truckin. This won't last forever, he will be home sooner than later.

for you...the few days you have left with him, just get a great big straw and suck him up! Suck up every little bit of him that you can
  8. Senior Member
    Last deployment was pretty rough...their captain got relieved and they were out on the water for many weeks at a time without porting. Our biggest communication is through email since he can only call on the ship once a week for 10 mins. Those calls are always frustrating too because the ship's phone has this weird delay so we're always interrupting each other.

This deployment should be a little better.

He has duty today so I'll be spending time with my parents looking at cars. I've had my car since my freshman year of college (Feb 2005) and it's about time I traded it in. It's been a trooper...but it's a little 2002 Ford Focus with almost 200,000 miles on it...it's just not reliable anymore. Hopefully I can find something!

How long have you guys been together?
  9. Senior Member
    I'm glad that this deployment looks like it will be better. I hope this proves to be true. How did the car shopping go?

We've been together almost two years.
  10. Senior Member
    I actually ended up buying a car!! Definitely planned on ONLY looking...but it was what I wanted and at a great price...so I went home with it. I posted a thread about it earlier... Big girl purchase!!

Thomas and I have been together almost two years too It'll be just under 3 years when we get married.

How was your day?
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast