Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DeborahS & Soldiersdear April 2011

1. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Hello DeborahS & Soldiersdear April 2011

Advertisements
    Hello Ladies! Come on in and say hello to your pal!
  2. Senior Member

So excited to get to participate this round. I didn't even think about it at the time I filled out the questionaire, but now that I'm trying to communicate with you directly, it's kind of funny that I know your SOs name but not yours.

At least we're in the same time zone. I think. I should really still be sleeping.

Deborah
  3. Each day passes is one more day to forever ;)
    Each day passes is one more day to forever ;)

Hey! Im Missie. lol And I think I'm EST. I just woke up...wish I was still sleeping though! So how are you doing?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiersdear View Post
    Hey! Im Missie. lol And I think I'm EST. I just woke up...wish I was still sleeping though! So how are you doing?
    How funny. I looked it up just for grins and your state is split. There are a few counties that observe central time and the rest eastern. The state's not even that big. That's kind of odd.

I'm doing okay. It's been 11 days sine I heard from Michael. We were cut off during our last yahoo chat and the fact that we were chatting was actually an accident that day. I was off and he buzzed me on accident and I happened to hear it. We were just getting to the start of the good stuff when we got cut off. I pouted for the rest of the day.

He's been on nights since he went back after R&R, so it's made it tough for us to be available at the same time. And he's super busy with wrapping things up so he can head home. Sometime this month, possibly May. But he already told me not to mail anything else 2 weeks ago, so I'm crossing my fingers for April.

How are you?

Deborah
  5. Each day passes is one more day to forever ;)

Yea. Indiana is crazy like that. It makes going up to m parents house weird because I switch time zones.

I HATE when you get cut off comms like that! lol Always at the best parts too....It's only been a few days since I got an email from Ry but we haven't gotten to "chat" in almost three weeks. Access to comms is kind of difficult with his current location and job duties. I hope they get better soon when he returns to his unit.

That is great! Have to love mail-stop dates! I'm still waiting on Ry's but he said May or June so hoping that he leaves there in May. I'm just sad because he may not be coming straight home for leave but instead go straight from deployment to Ranger School....sigh...

Crossing my fingers that April is your month though!

Overall, I am doing pretty well. Staying busy. This weekend I am scheduled two doubles at work. One down..one to go. Then I have to come home tonight and do some homework and chores..

How about you?

-Missie
  6. Senior Member
    Michael won't be coming straight home either. He has to go to San Diego to get debriefed and checked out. He's having some problems with his knee and they will check that out there. If he needs surgery, they'll do it there. So his actual homecoming may be delayed. We are getting old so those types of issues are starting to crop up. I'm just glad he's not the type to get divorced and chase the the young twenty somethings. KWIM?

Finally got an email last night. It consisted of, and I quote, "Everything is ok," end quote. LOL

My last two emails were like "you'd tell me if something was wrong, right?" and "Okay, I'll assume everything is okay unless you tell me otherwise." SO I got my answer.

I hate that he's so busy. I really miss getting to see him. He's in one of the north African countries as opposed to the Middle East. But with everything going on lately in that part of the world, it may as well be the Middle East. All these issues cropping up in Egypt and Libya have really been freaking me out.

I work in retail and normally work weekends, but this one happens to my one weekend a month off. Thankfully. Because the week was very stressful. Sorry you have to work doubles. But it does give you less time to miss him.

Have a good day!!

Deborah
  7. Each day passes is one more day to forever ;)

Well..I survived. lol I hope I don't have another weekend with this shift schedule at work for awhile. I worked five shifts in three days basically!

It sucks having those feelings of doubt about stuff. I had sent a similar message to Ry. He told me there isn't a chance I'm getting rid of him that easy. I wish we got to talk more to our So's but at least we know where they stand right?

I can see why it would worry you. Ry being in Afghan terrifies me but I keep up the mantra that no news is good news and take it to heart.

Well have a good start to your week!
  8. Senior Member
    Hey Missie,

Glad you survived the long work weekend.

I really do pretty well most of the time dealing with the doubts. They only crop up when we go a longer than normal time without any communication. The most it's been since we started talking was 7-8 days. When it gets over that I get a little antsy.

I know I would not have been able to handle this kind of LDR when I was younger. I just wasn't secure enough and I didn't have the self-confidence then that I do now.

I'm just glad I met Michael when I did and that I found a guy that still has morals and honor and believes in doing the right thing even when it's hard.

I'm going to NYC on a business trip Tuesday through Friday. I'm taking my laptop so I should still be able to get online. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case something happens and I'm MIA for a couple days. But I don't expect to be.

Have a good week at school. What's your major/minor?

Deborah

PS I told Michael I got a deployment pal this month so that I can drive you crazy instead of him. :LOL
    Last edited by DeborahS; 04-03-2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Addition to the post
  9. Each day passes is one more day to forever ;)

Lol. I told Ry the same thing!

I am so jealous you get to go to NYC. I hear its pretty crazy but awesome. I definitely want to travel more than I have! I have a fun week of homework and work again this week but nothing I can't handle..especially not as bad as last weekend.

LDR is really hard. I have done one before with my high school sweetheart who joined the Navy and was based in Japan. We eventually decided we were better off as best friends though. The deployment thing makes it a tad bit harder...a lot more worries to deal with. But Ry is like that as well..a good guy with morals and so much more going for him. He does his best to put my mind at ease.

I am working on a dual degree in criminology and psychology. I have three more semesters left after this one. Thank goodness. I want to go into juvenile justice either in corrections or as a parole/probation officer.

What do you do in regards to retail?

Have a good day!

Missie
  10. Senior Member
    Hey Missie,

How's it going?

I manage a Solstice Sunglass Outlet. Yep, they pay me to sell sunglasses. It's really a lot of fun.

Today was a travel day. Almost had to cancel my trip, but luckily things worked out. Crying baby in the seat next to me on the plane.

Tonight we went up to the observation floor of the Empire State Building. I'd been up there before, but it's pretty awesome at night.

Got a one word answer to a FB post yesterday from Michael. The lack of communication is really starting to bring me down. I know he can't help it, but it still hurts a little. I really can't wait for this deployment to be over.

Hope you're having a good week so far.

Deborah
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast