Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MintyBunny & nightingail April 2011

1. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Hello MintyBunny & nightingail April 2011

Advertisements
    Hello Ladies! Come on in and say hello to your pal!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

MintyBunny! How are you?
  3. Senior Member
    Hiii Nightingail!
    You could just call me Felicia. It seems shorter.

I'm doing alright, just holding up. This week is the week that I'll get my nursing acceptance/rejection letter from a certain nursing school that I really want to attend. Ohhhh boy...

From the questionnaire, you're almost through a month!

How are you?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Well then, hi Felicia. I'm Sarah! I recognize you from your avatar. I've seen you posting before.

Good luck with nursing school! I'll keep my and send your way.

And yes! Thursday will be one month! I'm really looking forward to having 1 month under my belt. It looks like you are almost at 2?

I'm doing pretty good - I woke up to a long email today which left me in high spirits but at the same time it was bittersweet. It made me miss him that much more.

I have finals coming up in 3 weeks so I'm pretty busy which is nice - lots of distractions.

How about you??
  5. Senior Member
    I'm slowly working up my post counts. Hahaha!

Thank you so much! Sometimes I feel so nervous that I just feel like .
    I'm so afraid, yet excited to open my email.

The ticker is from when I last saw him, but it's only been a few days over a month since he went deployed.
    So we are only a few days apart when it comes to deployment time length! How long is he going to be deployed for?
    It sort of sucks how the Marines/Navy doesn't get R&R. Poop.

That's so sweet!
    I would have an awesome day too if I got a nice long email.

Epp! Good luck on those finals! I'm sure you'd do awesomely.
    Finals are next month for me, but I do have some midterms here and there. I'm not taking any real hard classes this semester because I'm waiting for nursing school, so it's just regular core credits. How about you? Do you have any fun classes?

How is it like with your SO on a boat? :O
    Is it a bit inconvenient, especially with letters and care packages?

By the way, I loveloveLOVE your signature picture. It's so precious.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

hahaha! You'll get there.

DB is deployed for 7 months. He was gone for a work-up for 1.5 months until one week before he deployed too. I was so excited to get that week in-between with him, but he was so tired from those first 5 weeks that he practically slept the entire time. I'm hoping these months fly by!

Thank you for the good luck! That's good that you don't have any classes that are too hard. Did you only apply to one nursing program? I had a few friends do nursing and it is SOOOO hard. I have mad respect for the profession!

As for fun classes...I wouldn't necessarily call them fun. I enjoy learning the material but the process is certainly not fun to me. I'm looking forward to summer SO much.

It's nice that DB is on a boat. My Dad is in the marines so compared to him, DB and I are able to communicate a lot more. I usually get 2 emails a day, and 1 phone call a week. His ship is pretty old and the internet browser won't support chat or skype so the only type of instant communication is our phone calls, so I treasure them. Unfortunately I've missed a few of them thanks to school/work but thankfully he would call me back. But not knowing whether he would or not killed me.

As far as carepackages/letters it takes about 3 weeks to get there. Carepackages are tricky because he really doesn't have a lot of space to store stuff. So I have to make wise buying decisions. But overall it's not bad!

What about you? Is your man in Afghanistan? My Dad did 1 tour in Iraq & 1 in Afghanistan too. So I'm familiar with the Marines also.

And thank you! I found the picture in the my siggy on tumblr and I added the quote. It looks like DB & I so I thought it was perfect.
  7. Senior Member
    DF is deployed for 8 months. Darn.
    You got a week?! I only had 4 days, but it is certainly better than nothing.
    Hahah! I completely understand! DF slept at like...11 pm, and he was KNOCKED OUT. Nothing could really wake him up. I would even maneuver his arms/body until a cuddly position and he's be STILL fast asleep.

I hope so too!

I applied to two nursing programs. I still haven't heard from the other one yet. Grr.
    Hehehe, I hope I get in first, then I'd worry about how hard it might be.
    I'm sure you'd do wonderfully! Being interested in the course is half the battle. What's your major?

I'm looking forward to summer because there's no school, but I'm a little worried too.
    I wouldn't have too much to do and yknow how distractions are so useful to keep me from worrying/missing SO.
    I'm hoping to find a random job to just work and keep me busy, plus making a couple extra bucks in the process.
    What are your summer plans? Going anywhere awesome?

For us, it's an email a day.
    Usually I stay up til 4 AM, hoping maybe if he emails me, and if I email back fast enough, he could email me again! Then it's two emails! So if you ever need a late night buddy, I'm usually awake.
    But up until now, he has only called me once. It's because of his shift and he says by the time he gets off work, the call center is usually closed and so is the post office, so he couldn't mail me letters. Ohhh poop.

Oh no!! No Skype? I really glad you still have your phone calls though. I sort of know how you feel about wondering if he could call back. When DF called me, I thought I missed it because I was in class. I felt like my heart sank, but yay he called later!

Ohh! I was wondering about that because I thought some people said when they're out at sea, it's really hard to get care packages. That's not too bad though.
    Ohh I could imagine the rooms for the boat are fairly small. Do you decorate your cps?
    Since he lives on a fairly big base, he gets his packages in a week/week and a half.

Yeaahhh. He's in Afghanistan.
    Oooorah! He says that he's super stressed over there though.

Ohh! I thought it was your DB and you. It is such a cute pictures nevertheless!
    You have a tumblr too?

How'd you meet DB?
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hahaha DB is the same way when he sleeps! But he is always like that. Nothing would wake him. I'm pretty sure I could jump up and down on his chest and he wouldn't wake up. But yea he was out by 9:00pm pretty much every night that week. And he was working late that week as well to prep. But I am happy I got time with him at all.

My major was Business Admin but I graduated last May. I'm in law school now. My summer plans involve me going to Rhode Island! I'm very excited. My mom lives there and I applied for an internship up that way and I got it. So I'll be very busy this summer between working & spending time with the family - which is just what I need. I know what you mean - distractions make it easier. If you can't find a job, you should get involved with something else - maybe a new hobby or volunteer with a local charity! That way you have something to keep you busy.

I LOL'd at your description of staying up in hopes of catching his email at the time he sends it - I used to do that too. I have since given up. I'm sorry the call center is closed when he gets off duty.

As for care packages - I do decorate them. I'm not really sure what he does with the boxes - I'm sure they get trashed but at least he gets to enjoy them for the time being. That's all that matters. I take pictures of them before I send them too.

I met DB through a friend - she was dating his roommate at the Naval Academy. Their junior year they have this big dance called a Ring Dance (to celebrate getting their class rings) and she begged me to go with one of the guys because she didn't know any of the girlfriends and wanted a friend there to hang with. At first I was hesitant since she was the only person I knew, but finally I said yes. My date was not DB it was another guy in their company (we're all still good friends though). DB was there with a different date as well. He caught my attention because he was outgoing and funny. We kept in touch after the dance for 3 months. We tried to make plans to get together over the summer but with his summer training and my summer internship it kept falling through. Finally the next school semester we met up and here we are 2.5 years later.

He graduated a year before me and chose Norfolk to stay close to me. I chose to go to a law school near him when I graduated and we moved in together. We've been living together for 10 months now.

What about you? How did you two meet?
  9. Senior Member
    Hehehee. Our men.
    Because of boot camp, whenever I wake him up, he gets extremely startled. Like he JUMPS up. I'm afraid to kiss him awake because I'm worried he might jump up and break my nose.

That sounds so awesome! I am throughly impressed and proud of you because that definitely isn't easy! !!!
    Yay for internships! That sounds like a pretty amazing summer. It'll be a nice change of surroundings.
    Yeahh. I'm already volunteering at a hospital currently, and if I don't find a job, I should probably just volunteer more. I'm also hoping to sew a gown over the summer for DF's Marine ball. I really hope it turns out well.

I should probably stop doing it though because it's REALLY messing up my sleep schedule. I think it is completely flipped at this point.
    He technically could call me, but the person that is suppose to take his shift so he can leave ALWAYS comes late.

I take pictures of them all! There was a neat little idea someone suggest to make a scrapbook of the care packages. I might just do that.
    I'm sure they enjoy every bit of it.

That is such a darling story.
    I love it! It's awesome how yall accommodate each other and each one moves a bit closer.

I met DF when we were in middle school. He was in my speech class and he was a grade higher than me. He was a "popular" guy in class that cracked jokes and everyone loved. We didn't really talk much, but I had a huge crush on him.
    In highschool, we just said "hi" in passing because we never had any classes together or whatnot. Nothing more to that.
    Fast forward two years, and he randomly messages me on Facebook telling me that he thought he saw me at a restaurant. Turns out it was a girl that looked similar to me? Sort of silly that you would message someone you haven't talked to in a long time about something as random as that.
    We then finally started talking!!! We hit it off so, so, so very well. It was just magical! I was the first girl he ever said "I love you" to and meant it.
    He wanted to actually have JOP wedding before he was deployed, but I know my parents would hate me for it, so we agreed to wait until I finish nursing school. If it weren't for that, I would marry him in a heartbeat.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

WOW! You are sewing your own dress?! I am thoroughly impressed! I am so not the crafty type. Do you know what style/color you want yet? How exciting!!

You met in middle school! That is adorable! Wow, I love your story! I was the first girl DB ever said I love you too as well. It makes me happy.

I agree with you - I would marry DB in a heartbeat as well. We were waiting on timing (with the deployment) and money (since we'll be paying for the wedding). He mentioned that he wanted to buy a ring earlier but he didn't have enough money. Which is silly because I could care less how much he spends, but clearly he feels like he needs to save up a lot of money. But either way I'm happy because I know that regardless, we'll spend the rest of our lives together.

Can you believe it's already April?! Time is flying by...this YEAR flew by. I'm in shock. I'll be happy for the rest of this deployment to fly by too.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast