Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MintyBunny & nightingail April 2011

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Oh that's not bad at all!
    At least the internship doesn't take up your entire summer!
    AHHH A ROAD TRIP!! That sounds so freaking exciting. I never really road-tripped before...at least not anywhere far.
    I'm so happy that you get to see her again. It's been about a half a year since you've seen her. Sounds like an awesome time- nothing better than a good drive with your best friend.

Thank you sooo much!!
    I am so happy because if I didn't make it into this nursing school, I would have to move away from Houston. But since I did make it in, I get to stay in Houston with DF!! So no long distance relationship when he gets back from Afghan!

Same to you!!
    After this upcoming week, you can breathe so much easier!

I'm debating between getting an apartment or live at home though. Hmm...
    Not needing to pay rent feels so good though!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh wow - I didn't realize that you were going to have to move if it didn't work out - that's a lot of unneeded pressure! What a relief to know now!

And how exciting that you get to stay in Houston with your DF! LDR aren't too fun, if you can avoid them. I chose to go to law school near DB so I could stop doing LDR - best decision! I'm so glad I made it.

Not paying rent sounds pretty good to me too... I've been fortunate though - my dad transferred me his G.I. Bill so I actually don't pay rent thanks to him, so I guess it's almost like living at home? But I still have my own apartment (with DB)! The best of both worlds.

When do you start nursing school??
  3. Senior Member
    I know!!
    Because DF has been depressed lately, he has been saying silly things like he isn't sure about the future with me because he's in Afghan now and then we'll be getting into a LDR for 2 years and he doesn't want to set himself up for failure etc...
    I just emailed him the news today! So hopefully that'll cheer him the heck up!

That sounds so awesome.
    You really do have the best of both worlds! Hurray for daddy and DB! Not paying rent makes life so much easier.

I was talking to my sister, and I think one of the more likely plans is that I live with her at her apartment, but 99.9% of the time she's at her boyfriend's house so... It's sort of a win/win situation!
    We're still coming up with a few more plans though. I'm way too excited for the future that I just want time to go faster!!

I don't know exactly, in late August probably.
    I should be getting a packet in the mail in a couple of weeks with all the nursing program information.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by MintyBunny View Post
    I'm way too excited for the future that I just want time to go faster!!
    Story of my life!

I'm very excited about the future - career wise & relationship wise Life is good. for us!!

BTW I saw your care package it looks AMAZING! Seriously, one of the best I've ever seen. He is going to love it!

Living with your sister sounds like that would be fun! Is your sister older than you or younger?
  5. Senior Member
    Thank youu!

Older sister.
    My finals are very, very soon! Sorry I'm so afk.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Don't be sorry - I totally understand! I finished another one of mine this morning!

on yours!! I only have one more to go!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightingail View Post
    Don't be sorry - I totally understand! I finished another one of mine this morning!

on yours!! I only have one more to go!
    Yay! Tomorrow right? Then you're HOMEEE-FREE!
    I hope it goes well and it's easy!

I'm really bad at memorizing all those dates for the history essay, so I've been studying my toosh off for that.
    Sometimes...I'm not too fond of group projects. I just finished presenting a Spanish skit. One of the members didn't even realize that it was today! Oh boy.

Pretty excited because I think I'll be receiving the information packet soon for nursing school. It has information on like...scrubs, supplies, and whatnot.

I hope you get lots of emails and phone calls from your darling!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONEEEE!!!

I thought it would never end. I finished yesterday around noon!

I can't believe your group member didn't even know the day you had a presentation! I hope you don't get penalized because of her lack of preparation!

How exciting that you get your information soon!! I know the mall near my college used to have a store that only sold scrubs - they had so many to choose from! I think it's because we had so many nursing students and hospitals around. It was neat to walk by!

How is studying coming along for you?? When is your last final? I have to go to the doctor's today and then I need to clean my apartment because it looks like a bomb exploded in here. There are books, papers, flashcards, and supplies EVERYWHERE!

Tomorrow I'm going shopping with my friend from school and I can't wait!
  9. Senior Member
    I love your new avatar picture.

Do you know what time means?!
    ROADTRIP TIME WITH YOUR BEST FRIENDS! You best take lots of pictures now!

It might feel great to be stress-free (for now).

The whole group got a 84, so we were all equally penalized.
    Oh well. I can't change the past, so all I can do now is try to kick butt on the final to ensure that I have an A.
    That just means more stress! Ahh!

I haven't actually looked around at prices, so I don't really know how expensive they are. :X
    The good thing is TWU's scrubs color is a common maroon color that a lot of nurses wear so it'll be easier to find. Phew! My best friend who is going to UTMB has to find burnt orange scrubs!

It's...going. I can't really say I really started. All I'm truly worried about is history because of all the memorizing dates stuff.
    My last final is going to be May 12th, which seems so far away.
    May 6th is going to be so eventful! First, it's the advisement session for where I get the equipment, sign up for classes whatnot. Then right when it's over, I have to zoom over to my history final, then I go home and celebrate my birthday with my family and friends with CRAWFISH!! (My birthday is on the 7th, but the 6th was more convenient for people.)

Awww. Why did you need to go to the doctor for? I hope all is well!
    I'm sure my room will start looking like that pretty soon.

AHhh!!!! What a nice reward to yourself! I miss it.
    I'm sure you'd have oodles of fun. Go shopping some for me while I'm cooping myself up studying.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234