Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marines_Booty & Sarahcuda April 2011

1. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Marines_Booty View Post
    I've done eighteen credits every semester except for one so I'm pretty used to it by now. The working during school is new though so it took some getting used to. Who knows what I have. I baby sit for multiple families throughout the weekend so I could have picked up anything from one of them.
    I'm getting beat up by my allergies today since all I had was Claritin, and it doesn't do a whole lot. I feel absolutely miserable, but it's really hard to take time off from my job and I need to go to class, so I'm just really looking forward to being able to get in bed when I get home.

I had a tough time getting to adjust my schedule to working, apparently it's a common occurrence that people's grades drop some during their first semester working while they get accustomed to how everything needs to be scheduled. Luckily I managed to bring them back up fairly quickly after they dropped, once I figured out how much time I needed to budget for homework and studying.
  2. Stephanie
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahcuda View Post
    I'm getting beat up by my allergies today since all I had was Claritin, and it doesn't do a whole lot. I feel absolutely miserable, but it's really hard to take time off from my job and I need to go to class, so I'm just really looking forward to being able to get in bed when I get home.

I had a tough time getting to adjust my schedule to working, apparently it's a common occurrence that people's grades drop some during their first semester working while they get accustomed to how everything needs to be scheduled. Luckily I managed to bring them back up fairly quickly after they dropped, once I figured out how much time I needed to budget for homework and studying.
    I feel you for the allergies. I have allergies all winter and stuffy nose with it. I can't take off time either and I am sick now with no voice. My grades stayed pretty good. I haven't gotten less than a 3.6 and have a 3.7 QPA so I am pretty happy with my grades for the most part.

3. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    I feel you for the allergies. I have allergies all winter and stuffy nose with it. I can't take off time either and I am sick now with no voice. My grades stayed pretty good. I haven't gotten less than a 3.6 and have a 3.7 QPA so I am pretty happy with my grades for the most part.
    I hope you feel better! Theraflu works wonders when I get sick, both the drink mix and cough syrup kinds. So are you planning anything special with your DB when he gets back?
  4. Stephanie
    Stephanie

I hope you feel better! Theraflu works wonders when I get sick, both the drink mix and cough syrup kinds. So are you planning anything special with your DB when he gets back?
    O I definitely have some stuff planned when he gets back. I have this amazing dress picked out if I can lose the weight I want to and we are going to stay in a hotel for a week until he gets leave. I bought some fun things for when he gets back. And I bought him an entire 24 pack of rockstar which is his favorite energy drink. Then he's going to finally come and meet my family and then he's gonna fly home by himself. Later in the summer we're going to go to Disney World. Do you have any special plans?

5. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    O I definitely have some stuff planned when he gets back. I have this amazing dress picked out if I can lose the weight I want to and we are going to stay in a hotel for a week until he gets leave. I bought some fun things for when he gets back. And I bought him an entire 24 pack of rockstar which is his favorite energy drink. Then he's going to finally come and meet my family and then he's gonna fly home by himself. Later in the summer we're going to go to Disney World. Do you have any special plans?
    It definitely sounds like you've got some great plans in store for his return! DB and I are planning on a cruise, but it's been hard to fit in what we'd like to do, with my actual time off from school. Are you excited for him to meet your family?
  6. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    Ugh, I feel like I'm starting to go crazy! I've been trying to stay busy, but I haven't talked to DB in about a week now. It's the longest we've gone without talking so far, and getting used to it has been really tough. I know that he's probably insanely busy, but it's just been an uphill struggle to keep my mind off of it.
  7. Stephanie
    Stephanie

Sorry I've been MIA. I baby sat for 30 hours between Friday morning and Sunday afternoon. It was insane. I am kinda paranoid about him meeting my family because they are psycho but I'm trying to be optimistic that they'll act normal. I'd be happy with just sitting in a hotel room with DB at this point. And I'm sorry about the no communication. on DB's first deployment we didn't get to talk for about two weeks and then have 5 days and that was the whole deployment. This one is about once a week. Where is your DB?

8. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    Sorry I've been MIA. I baby sat for 30 hours between Friday morning and Sunday afternoon. It was insane. I am kinda paranoid about him meeting my family because they are psycho but I'm trying to be optimistic that they'll act normal. I'd be happy with just sitting in a hotel room with DB at this point. And I'm sorry about the no communication. on DB's first deployment we didn't get to talk for about two weeks and then have 5 days and that was the whole deployment. This one is about once a week. Where is your DB?
    No problem, I definitely understand I got caught up with work last week also, was entirely sucked in by life outside MSOS. He's in a relatively technologically capable place in Afghanistan, so I'm guessing he's just insanely busy I think I was a little stir crazy this weekend from studying, so I was more emotional about it than I should have been.

I'm sorry you're stressed about your DB meeting your family! I think I remember you posting about this before? If not, my memory's complete crap How does he feel feel about it?
  9. Stephanie
    Stephanie

No problem, I definitely understand I got caught up with work last week also, was entirely sucked in by life outside MSOS. He's in a relatively technologically capable place in Afghanistan, so I'm guessing he's just insanely busy I think I was a little stir crazy this weekend from studying, so I was more emotional about it than I should have been.

I'm sorry you're stressed about your DB meeting your family! I think I remember you posting about this before? If not, my memory's complete crap How does he feel feel about it?
    I'm not sure if I ever wrote about it. I can't remember but I think he's just nervous in general. He said meeting family makes him nervous. He flew me out to Montana to meet his family so now it's his turn. It's just been difficult with both deployments. And I'm sorry about you being emotional. I hate those days.

10. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    I'm not sure if I ever wrote about it. I can't remember but I think he's just nervous in general. He said meeting family makes him nervous. He flew me out to Montana to meet his family so now it's his turn. It's just been difficult with both deployments. And I'm sorry about you being emotional. I hate those days.
    I was extremely nervous about meeting DB's family, and he still gets tense about being around mine because he feels so pressured to continuously make a good impression. I think we're the best when we're just alone together, he gets so nervous when he's around my parents that he's shy and really quiet. It makes me a little envious of people I know who have SO's that are constantly hanging out with the family and are really close with them.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast