Izzy & nightingail

Advertisements
    Come say hi to your new pal!
  2. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    how are you?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hi, Izzy! I'm great, how are you? I am new to deployment pals, but I am very excited!
  4. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    I saw its your first deployment coming up! DH just went back to Afganistan today from R&R.

How are you feeling about going through your first deployment?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

So far I'm staying pretty positive. I keep telling myself I'll focus on school more. This week I went out and signed up for a gym membership too! And even though my family is out-of-state I have made some great friends through school.

I know that if I let myself sit around and dwell on it I'll get sad but that is why I play to say busy, busy, busy! DB is scheduled to come back right around my best friend's wedding so that makes two big things to look forward to.

Is this your first deployment? How was it seeing him for R&R? I'm sure you had mixed emotions - utter joy in seeing him, but I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye again.
  6. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    Staying positive and busy is all you can do. Its helped me get through basic to deployment. Its really all you can do though I think to make it not seem like this horrible thing. Deployments always make a relationship stronger too.

Thats good I'm looking forward to his deployment ending. It may be pushed back which is exciting, but I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much.

It is my first deployment. R&R was great but by the end of it I was sad that it was over. It kinda sucked ours was 2 months in, but at least that means the last bit of it will fly by.

My family is out of state too. I'm up at their place right now until I go back to school. Its harder in some ways not having family near by to help.

How was your sunday? Did you do anything fun?
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yeah, I can imagine having it 2 months in is more of a tease than anything, but hopefully it made the beginning months more bearable, since you knew you would see him again sooner rather than later?

The navy doesn't do R&R but DB "may" come back for a very short time early on. But it's not definite and we are supposed to treat this month like it's the final goodbye. So it's hard not knowing. Am I saying goodbye for a very long time, or will I see him fairly shortly? It's the not knowing that makes it hard. So like you - I'm trying not to get my hopes up and I keep telling myself that this is it. If he does happen to come back then great! And if not, I won't be too let down. But it would definitely be a lot easier if I knew for sure.... I'm sure you feel the same way about his homecoming.

My Sunday was good! How was yours? DB and I went to the NEX and he stocked up on all his uniforms and things he'll need over there. Then we went to the mall and I cashed in on gift cards from Christmas. That's always fun! I've been studying since I got back home, but I'm taking a break.

When do you go back to school?
  8. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    It was a huge tease, but it worked out better since this is my last semester of school coming up. I'll be able to focus a lot more easily without having to worry about when he is going to be back for R&R.

Yeah it kinda sucks the Navy doesn't have R&R.

I start a week from tuesday. I fly back to Georgia next Saturday. I'm looking forward it all. I can't wait for my final semester to be over.

What are you plans for the week?
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh, that's great then! And you will have school to keep you busy and you can look forward to being done with your final semester!

Where is your family? Are they far from Georgia? DB and I have always wanted to visit Savannah. We hear it's beautiful there.

This week I don't have many plans - just school and studying. DB is trying to cram all his favorite restaurants in before he leaves, so I assume we will be eating out a lot this week.
  10. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    We moved down to Georgia when I was a Junior in High School, but my parents moved up to Massachusetts after my freshman year of college. I live near Savannah actually. It is really pretty I love it down there. Hilton Head, SC is really nice too. DH and I are planning to vacation in Savannah after I move to Fort Polk we love it that much.

It sounds like you will be eating out a ton then! DH did the same thing before he left. Made sure he ate Chic-fil-a and other places he loved before he left for Afghanistan.

I'm spending the week packing and getting ready to head back to school.

What kind of furbabies do you have?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast