Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylors Deployment Pal

1. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries

Taylors Deployment Pal

Advertisements
    HI!!!! OK i will tell you a little about myself:
    My name is Nicole and i am a 31 year mother of 2 (soon 3). I have 2 boys: Justin is 5 and Ryan turns 4 in January. DH is deploying REAL soon (this is our second one). The first time was tough but manageable but i am freaking out this time around since i am 6 months pregnant and DH won't be here for the birth.

I see that your hubby is already gone
    ZOE
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yay! I've got a deployment pal!

How old were your kiddos when you went through your first deployment?

My name is Taylor (duh!) and I'm the momma to 3 beautiful boys. Gabe will be 4 on NYE, Xavier will be 3 in February and Mason is 6 weeks old. Gabe & Xavier are from my ex-husband, but DB is a huge part of their lives as they were only 10 months and 23 months when we got back together. (DB & I have previous relationship history - we've known eachother for nearly 8 years.)

I was with DB when he went through his basic and AIT, and then he did two deployments in the time we were seperated. This is his third deployment, and my first. We're 5 1/2 months down!

I was 20 weeks pregnant when he left. Had a homebirth without him, and he's only seen Mason via photos and webcam so far. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a March leave.
  3. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries
    Oh wow, our situation is so similar! Just like you my boys are from my ex husband too! DH and i got back together after 13 years! He was my high school sweetheart, but things just didnt work out for us since we were both military brats and he went back to the states after graduation and i stayed here (my mom is german). He met the boys when justin was 3 and ryan was 18 months, they adore him now and he is like their second dad. DH just got back from deployment last December (he was gone 6 months).
    ZOE
  4. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post

I was 20 weeks pregnant when he left. Had a homebirth without him, and he's only seen Mason via photos and webcam so far. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a March leave.
    wow that is really amazing that you have managed so well through all of this! So awesome that you had a homebirth! I would love to do that but we live so far out in the country and i had complications with both of my boys during labor that i am just too afraid something would happen!
    ZOE
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Air Force Honey View Post
    Oh wow, our situation is so similar! Just like you my boys are from my ex husband too! DH and i got back together after 13 years! He was my high school sweetheart, but things just didnt work out for us since we were both military brats and he went back to the states after graduation and i stayed here (my mom is german). He met the boys when justin was 3 and ryan was 18 months, they adore him now and he is like their second dad. DH just got back from deployment last December (he was gone 6 months).
    I met DB when I was 15 and we were together for 2 years before going our seperate ways. I can't believe our situations are so similar!

Pregnancy with two toddlers to chase after and working full time was definetly hard. I haven't experienced having all three kids at one time yet, though, because my older boys have been in Canada with their dad for the Holidays. They come back in 9 days. I miss them like crazy! They've been gone since the middle of October.

Is this your DH's first child? This is DB's first biological child. He tries to pretend that it doesn't bother him that he wasn't here and still isn't to experience all of Mason's babyness... but I can see it in his eyes when we're on webcam.
  6. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries
    I met DB when I was 15 and we were together for 2 years before going our seperate ways. I can't believe our situations are so similar!

Pregnancy with two toddlers to chase after and working full time was definetly hard. I haven't experienced having all three kids at one time yet, though, because my older boys have been in Canada with their dad for the Holidays. They come back in 9 days. I miss them like crazy! They've been gone since the middle of October.

Is this your DH's first child? This is DB's first biological child. He tries to pretend that it doesn't bother him that he wasn't here and still isn't to experience all of Mason's babyness... but I can see it in his eyes when we're on webcam.

DH left this morning
    The boys and i took him up to the base this morning at 6am, it was so cold 12 degrees. Everything just went too quick. We got 2 quick pictures It all seems unreal right now. I am heartbroken and have been crying all morning. Don't know how i will be able to manage this time

I bet you miss your boys, but at least you had some time to settle in with the baby. I can't imagine how hard that was for your DB to have to leave and not be there for his firstborn! It will be the same for my DH. THis is his firstborn too. I can't believe that they won't send him home for the birth.
    ZOE
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I remember how difficult those few first days were. Give yourself some time to grieve, and then get into a routine. You'll be okay! 6 months is not much (I'm almost 6 months into our deployment, looking back it's gone by pretty fast! So our guys should be coming home around the same time!) and between having your boys and giving birth to your little girl, it'll go by fast. You have three little ones to stay positive and upbeat for.
  8. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries
    thanks for the support. I am just a mess right now, i need to get off the computer and go lay down a little. My head is throbbing and my eyes are raw. The boys are playing in their room, they are being such sweethearts

So do you and your DB get to communicate alot? When will he be back for good? I hope he gets that R&R in March!
    ZOE
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Majority of the deployment we've had constant communication. He ended up purchasing a cell phone out there because he wasn't near any phones. So that was our main way of communicating for a long time. And then he finally got internet in his room. However, he's been crazy busy the last couple of weeks and communication has dwindled. It's been like... 4 days since I've heard from him now. But, he warned me a head of time so I'm not too worried about it. Hopefully he'll have time to shoot me and e-mail or something pretty soon.

Hope laying down helps with your headache.
  10. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries
    Majority of the deployment we've had constant communication. He ended up purchasing a cell phone out there because he wasn't near any phones. So that was our main way of communicating for a long time. And then he finally got internet in his room. However, he's been crazy busy the last couple of weeks and communication has dwindled. It's been like... 4 days since I've heard from him now. But, he warned me a head of time so I'm not too worried about it. Hopefully he'll have time to shoot me and e-mail or something pretty soon.

Hope laying down helps with your headache.
    Hope you hear from him soon Does he have a laptop that he took with him? DH took his cell phone, but we decided he wont use it since we had crazy bills last deployment. I can txt him for free with the plan we have though so if something happens i can let him know at least. He just bought a laptop too, and since he is in Al Udeid i guess they said there is wifi all over the base.

We all went to bed at 7pm last night, i was in and out of sleep. At 8pm i got a txt from DH saying that he arrived and was really trying to keep it together, he said i am his life and his heart was so lonely without me
    ZOE
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast