Thread: Date Night Idea Group<3

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Lv. Percent
    62.62%

Date Night Idea Group<3

Advertisements
    So,

My DB isn't coming back for awhile now from deployment, but I really wanted to hear your thoughts on my date ideas that I came up with and found for when he comes back. My boyfriend and I are extremely unconventional. I would love to hear of other date ideas. No idea is too silly or insignificant. I would just love to hear your feedback. My best coping mechanism for deployment is planning and this is what I came up with:

Pudding Fight $$
    Items:
    - Pudding
    - Tarp
    - Hose/Water Bucket
    Plan:
    1. Tell DB to bring a pair of clothes he can get dirty in and another he can change into afterward.
    2. Blindfold DB and take him to a place where thereís a hose or water.
    3. FOOD FIGHT!
    4. Clean up with hose or water.

Thrift Store $$
    Plan:
    1. Blindfold DB and take him to a thrift store.
    2. Find the ugliest outfits we can find for one another.
    3. Go to dinner in the outfits.

Espionage $$$
    Items:
    - Wigs
    - Very odd clothing (matches with character)
    - Colored contacts
    - Ring for DB
    Plan:
    1. Pick up DB in costume I chose for myself.
    2. Tell him to put on outfit, wig, etc. I chose for him.
    3. Go to a furniture store and pretend to be a married couple with personalities that match our outfits.

Costco Mooch $
    Plan:
    1. Sneak into Costco.
    2. Sample all the free food.

Ikea $
    Plan:
    1. Make it through Ikea together.
    2. Design our ďdream homeĒ

Prom/Dance Night $$$$
    Items:
    - Candles
    - Twinkly Lights
    - Fancy dress
    - Steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus, salad, chocolate mousse
    - Table
    - Table cloth
    - Silverware
    - Napkins
    - Boutonniere
    - Speaker
    Plan:
    1. Tell DB to meet me at the location of choice.
    2. Tell him to bring fancy clothes.
    3. Eat Dinner.
    4. Dance the night away.

Two Person Dance Party $
    Items:
    - Speaker
    - Fancy light/disco light
    Plan:
    1. Just dance!!!

Game and Movie Night $
    Items:
    - Board Games, Cards, etc.
    - Junk food
    - Wine
    Plan:
    1. Stay in, play games, and watch movies.
  2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    60.23%
    One of our favorite dates is spending $20-40 at the arcade playing games and winning a plushie for our dog. We always get ice cream on the drive home.

I like to go sit on the beach and look at the stars, especially during meteor showers. I teach DH how to find certain constellations and the stories behind them. One time we even found some super pretty bioluminescent phytoplankton.

I'm really into painting so sometimes we do that. We sometimes paint two of the same thing or work together on one piece, but most of the time we just play music and work on our own piece.

DH really loves music so it's pretty common for us to play songs together, sometimes he teaches me to play an instrument I'm not good at. We always have fun.

One of our favorites is to just drive. We get in the car and randomly pick directions. Once by doing this we found a really good restaurant and another time we found random dinosaur statues and a fountain in the woods...
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Lv. Percent
    62.62%
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    One of our favorite dates is spending $20-40 at the arcade playing games and winning a plushie for our dog. We always get ice cream on the drive home.

I like to go sit on the beach and look at the stars, especially during meteor showers. I teach DH how to find certain constellations and the stories behind them. One time we even found some super pretty bioluminescent phytoplankton.

I'm really into painting so sometimes we do that. We sometimes paint two of the same thing or work together on one piece, but most of the time we just play music and work on our own piece.

DH really loves music so it's pretty common for us to play songs together, sometimes he teaches me to play an instrument I'm not good at. We always have fun.

One of our favorites is to just drive. We get in the car and randomly pick directions. Once by doing this we found a really good restaurant and another time we found random dinosaur statues and a fountain in the woods...
    I love those ideas!!! That sounds so fun. I really love the stargazing idea. Thank you! Definitely going to put that on my list.
  4. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    2.47%
    The first actual date (it was just the two of us, rather than in a larger group) I went on with my now-husband, we caught crabs.

No, this is not a sex joke. It would be a great sex joke, but I swear to God it’s not He turned up with the greater part of a chicken carcass on a string, and we ended up with a bucket of crabs. I cooked them, and apparently blew his mind out through his tongue as he still requests that particular meal again whenever he has an excuse.

For reasons best known only to himself he loves seeing me cook, and I DON’T cook for very many people when I’m not being paid to do it, so expeditions like this (going fishing or out after rabbits, going foraging for mushrooms or blackberries, hitting up a farmer’s market, whatever there is) and putting the haul to use are still fairly common. He knows that I only cook in my own time for people I actually like.

We read together a lot. I don’t know if this is a “date” as such, but it’s a thing. We’ll find somewhere comfortable, settle in with a book that one of us has picked (we alternate the choice, so we don’t get bored of always having the same kind of books) and one of us reads aloud to the other. My introduction to the Gormenghast books happened exactly like this - when we read those, I would fall asleep to his voice describing this crazed-gothic wreck of a castle.
    Accensum qui pedicat urit mentulam.
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Lv. Percent
    62.62%
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    The first actual date (it was just the two of us, rather than in a larger group) I went on with my now-husband, we caught crabs.

No, this is not a sex joke. It would be a great sex joke, but I swear to God itís not He turned up with the greater part of a chicken carcass on a string, and we ended up with a bucket of crabs. I cooked them, and apparently blew his mind out through his tongue as he still requests that particular meal again whenever he has an excuse.

For reasons best known only to himself he loves seeing me cook, and I DONíT cook for very many people when Iím not being paid to do it, so expeditions like this (going fishing or out after rabbits, going foraging for mushrooms or blackberries, hitting up a farmerís market, whatever there is) and putting the haul to use are still fairly common. He knows that I only cook in my own time for people I actually like.

We read together a lot. I donít know if this is a ďdateĒ as such, but itís a thing. Weíll find somewhere comfortable, settle in with a book that one of us has picked (we alternate the choice, so we donít get bored of always having the same kind of books) and one of us reads aloud to the other. My introduction to the Gormenghast books happened exactly like this - when we read those, I would fall asleep to his voice describing this crazed-gothic wreck of a castle.

That is so creative!!! Lo l crab fishing. I love that idea. Reading sounds fun too.