Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Middle Aged Woman and Husband Who thinks he is 20 -- Need Advice

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Jazmine's Avatar
    Jazmine is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,757

    #61
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I think the tailoring thing is relevant (using the term very loosely) because AFAICT, she seems to think that is proof that she is a good and loving wife. She had his pants taken in, people!!! Of course she's a great spouse and his leaving her is unfair and unwarranted. She. Had. His. Pants. Taken. In! How do you all not see that clearly, she is great and that obviously, the only reason he would leave a woman willing to take his suits to a tailor (one recommended by Brooks Brothers, none the less!!!11!) must be that he has been corrupted by the military. Nothing else could explain his wanting to leave a tailor-finding woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    One more thing. You seem extremely focused on your husband' physical appearance. All you talk about are tailors and teeth. First, if you are that superficial, it's likely he is too, in which case of course he doesn't want an older wife. Totally predictable. Second, maybe it isn't your age that is driving him away. You've been deleted from 2 websites for your comments, and you've been utterly unpleasant here as well. That should tell you something. As much as you want to shift blame on to something out of your control, I suspect that you act IRL similarly to the way you act here, in which case it's quite likely that your unpleasant personality is what pushed him away, not your age and not the military. Who wants to be around someone who is mean and bitter and angry all the time? If I were married to you, I wouldn't want you at my work social events either, because if you behaved there like you have on this website, you'd be an embarrassment to me in front of my coworkers and supervisors, and I couldn't trust you not to make a scene.
    Aaaaand Villanelle wins.
  2. Senior Member
    CDNTrish's Avatar
    CDNTrish is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,435
    #62
    Maybe he found a new tailor
  3. You are here.
    Frybread's Avatar
    Frybread is offline
    You are here.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    23,977
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    Oh, please.. That's the lazy O-wife way of doing things.. A real spouse, like me, would have sewed until her fingers bled.. There's a reason why I have the Brother Project Runway Special Edition only-available-at-Walmart-for-$99 sewing machine.. This is cray-cray..

    I have that same machine...love it. better than my two singers.
  4. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Be-Bo View Post
    I still have no idea what getting his clothes tailored has to do with this whole situation
    Because apparently, her marriage is only about what she has done for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I think the tailoring thing is relevant (using the term very loosely) because AFAICT, she seems to think that is proof that she is a good and loving wife. She had his pants taken in, people!!! Of course she's a great spouse and his leaving her is unfair and unwarranted. She. Had. His. Pants. Taken. In! How do you all not see that clearly, she is great and that obviously, the only reason he would leave a woman willing to take his suits to a tailor (one recommended by Brooks Brothers, none the less!!!11!) must be that he has been corrupted by the military. Nothing else could explain his wanting to leave a tailor-finding woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    My interpretation is that he doesn't want her there and made this up as an excuse. Because there is just zero change that official functions wouldn't include spouses unless they had kids (or unless they were under a certain age). Zero chance. He doesn't want her there so he tells her she's not invited, but she might know that other spouses are going, so he feeds her a line about how it's only for spouses with kids.
    Agree'd. Other than kid events of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    One more thing. You seem extremely focused on your husband' physical appearance. All you talk about are tailors and teeth. First, if you are that superficial, it's likely he is too, in which case of course he doesn't want an older wife. Totally predictable. Second, maybe it isn't your age that is driving him away. You've been deleted from 2 websites for your comments, and you've been utterly unpleasant here as well. That should tell you something. As much as you want to shift blame on to something out of your control, I suspect that you act IRL similarly to the way you act here, in which case it's quite likely that your unpleasant personality is what pushed him away, not your age and not the military. Who wants to be around someone who is mean and bitter and angry all the time? If I were married to you, I wouldn't want you at my work social events either, because if you behaved there like you have on this website, you'd be an embarrassment to me in front of my coworkers and supervisors, and I couldn't trust you not to make a scene.
    Exactly and well said

    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    Maybe he found a new tailor
    Or found someone who doesn't have such a problem finding a tailor in effing NYC. Hello FASHION CAPITAL! Of all the cities in NY, NYC is the place to find a tailor to fit his suits. He is 110 pounds not 50 pounds. Finding a tailor to fit him would not be difficult.
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Crystal's Avatar
    Crystal is offline
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."
    Posts
    53,547




    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    So I am 49 , married to a much younger man. I am invited to all sorts of functions.
    My DH is neither abusive or neglectful.

    he has been active duty for over 20 years-

    when did you say he commissioned and into which branch?
    Im four years younger than guns, but also married to a much younger man. Dh has been in for 17 years, we get invited to all of the social functions too.

    i asked those questions too.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •