1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

So Cold After Deployment

Advertisements
    Delete
    Last edited by mstanphi; 03-20-2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Delete
  2. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Hi Mike. Sorry to hear you're going through a confusing time with your girlfriend. It really could be any number of things, and since I dont' know you or her, its kinda hard to tell what could possibly be going on. Here's some general guidelines you might want to consider, although please do your own homework and perhaps talk to folks who have dealt with the kind of thing on a professional level (chaplain might be a good place to start).

There isn't a hard-set "rule" for how long one should take to readjust post-deployment. I don't know how long she's been back, but here's something to get you started. Since PTSD seems to be the first thing a lot of folks think when something is "amiss" post deployment, the general "rule" at the moment in the counseling/psych world is that any type of jumpiness, hypervigilance, aggression, etc... within 30 days of return is within the "normal" range as the body and the brain chemicals readjust. There's a lot of talk within the profession, however, that this 'window of normal adjustment' should be expanded perhaps to 60 or even 90 days. Some people just take a little longer to "come down" than others.

With less extreme stressors... I've been taught (and I even went back to look it up for you) that adjustment can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Anything over 6 mos, she might want to consider professional help.

I hope that helps you out.

www.SnarkyFit.com