Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: first TDY since deployment...

1. Senior Member

first TDY since deployment...

Advertisements
    so, DH has been home for about 2 months. he just left for his first TDY (out of state training) since his return and will be gone for 3 weeks. he left a week ago, so 2 more weeks to go.

the first TDY after deployment is always kind of difficult regardless of length of time, but 3 weeks?! sucks. why couldn't the military gods have gone easy on me and made the first one a week long??

it's scary how easily i have slipped back into "deployment mode" like within days of him leaving. everything gives me deja vu of deployment; making dinner for one, certain shows that are on at like 5am, sleeping with the dogs in the bed with me again. it's an eery feeling that is all too familiar!! i don't like it. i'm sure i'll get back into the groove of him leaving on TDYs eventually, but right now it feels very strange.

not to mention that when he gets back from these 3 weeks, he is home for just 1 week and then leaves again for a TDY for 1 week. i know that week home will go fast and he'll spend the weekend gearing up to go to the next one and probably will leave during the weekend, so it's kind of like thinking that it's a span of nearly a month and a half until this stretch of multiple TDYs is over with and i'll feel like he is put again, at least for a small while ugh, i hate thinking like that!!! it's like he might as well be gone the entire month then, not really, but you know what i mean.

can october just be over now??
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Ugh that sucks

Your DH's job sounds like my DH's. SO many TDYs. I am not looking forward to that! I feel like I have this irrational expectation that when he comes home from deployment he should be literally home... but I know that's not going to happen .

I hope it goes by fast for you and that he gets some real home time in November!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm sorry, TDY so soon after deployment stinks . They'll be over before you know it though!
  4. Senior Member
  5. Senior Member
    thanks everyone i forgot to mention that this TDY has him working weird hours, so i haven't even been able to hear from him every day so it is even MORE reminiscent of a deployment. it's so weird!!! it's like he had a 2 month R&R and now he's deployed again i don't like this feeling!!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I hope October flies by! (For both of us!)

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela