Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: History Nerds

1. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

History Nerds

Advertisements
    Get in here now!

What's your favorite subject, time frame, war, period, WHATEVER?

I love American History, WWII, and the political atmosphere in several countries. I read a lot of books about insurgencies and the evolution of war, as well as biographies on prominent figures in American History. Sometimes I get on kicks for Mid-Evil historical fiction and/or the Spanish Inquisition.

P.S. My dad told me I had a tax letter and my response was "From who, King George?!" I thought it was hilarious.

2. Senior Member

Me, obviously I enjoy American and European history, specifically Europe from about 13-1800 and America from 1910-present. However, my specialty is WWII/Holocaust history, and I just wrote my senior research paper over the nature of holocaust education in Britain, England specifically.

3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post

Me, obviously I enjoy American and European history, specifically Europe from about 13-1800 and America from 1910-present. However, my specialty is WWII/Holocaust history, and I just wrote my senior research paper over the nature of holocaust education in Britain, England specifically.
    Very cool! I took a class in college on literature of the Holocaust and it was excellent.

I've been curious about WWI recently, but I really need to read the books I have or E will kill me and bury me under all my unread book

4. Senior Member

Definitely American history. Mostly the Civil War (which is what I've been reenacting since I was old enough to remember). And I also love WWII.
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Hiiiiii!!!

I am all about English history circa approx 1300-1603 (QE1's death), with general knowledge/interest in western European history from 1100-1790's. I am obsessed with the War of the Roses, the Yorkists and the Tudor line.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    ME!!!!

I'm into the genocide history and particularly the history of infectious disease.

I Eelizah
  7. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by *Palindrome* View Post

Definitely American history. Mostly the Civil War (which is what I've been reenacting since I was old enough to remember). And I also love WWII.
    I just wen to Chancellorsville Battlefield and had a blast! I went there when I was like two, so I didn't remember anything. My favorite battlefield to visit is Antietam. Can you discuss your reenactments more? I've always been curious about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Hiiiiii!!!

I am all about English history circa approx 1300-1603 (QE1's death), with general knowledge/interest in western European history from 1100-1790's. I am obsessed with the War of the Roses, the Yorkists and the Tudor line.
    Do you like the show The Tudors? There's so much sex...it's pretty ridiculous...but probably accurate

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    Very cool! I took a class in college on literature of the Holocaust and it was excellent.

I've been curious about WWI recently, but I really need to read the books I have or E will kill me and bury me under all my unread book
    I know enough about WWI to know how it applies to WWII but that's about it I mean, it's interesting in the whole 'machine guns for the first time', but otherwise I just can't seem to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Hiiiiii!!!

I'm fascinated with the tudors. I tried to watch the HBO special, but I hated it.

9. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    ME!!!!

I'm into the genocide history and particularly the history of infectious disease.
    Any particular genocide? Holocaust? Cambodia? Chechnya? Darfur?

Infectious disease sounds cool! Do you like reading about any time period in particular, like the new world and it's diseases?

10. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post

Do you like the show The Tudors? There's so much sex...it's pretty ridiculous...but probably accurate
    I did watch the Tudors! It is surprisingly very accurate...I mean, not 100%, there are parts that are downright wrong (like when Henry's bastard son died, for example, they played it up for the show and made him die as a child, instead of as an adult as it happened IRL)

Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post

I'm fascinated with the tudors. I tried to watch the HBO special, but I hated it.
    Which special?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast