Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Writers, writing (or at leat trying)

1. Senior Member

Writers writing, or at least trying

Advertisements
    1)How long have you been writing?
    2)Ever had any of your work published?
    3)What do you write about?
    4)Would you post something here so others can read it?

I was doing some end of the year cleaning. I came across a creative writing essay from one of my college courses back in the 90's. It got me thinking that I want to start writing again. One of my goals this year, is to write at least once a week. I found this cool book at Barnes & Nobles that list 642 different topics. So, I don't have to worry about trying to find something to write about on my own.
    Last edited by 3MthGf; 01-04-2013 at 03:24 PM.

I'm a good girl People make me do bad things

2. Senior Member

Why Don't I Fit?

*Something I wrote in 2001*

[Why don't I fit? More importantly, why do I want to fit anyway. That's easier to answer. I want to be normal; whatever that is exactly. In order to be normal I have to fit into the right mold. Of coure I'm apart of a mold already. However, it's not the right one. What the right one is depends on whom you ask.

Why don't I fit? Fitting in the mold is so easy for some. It's as if they're born normal. Sometime they may do something weird, however, they still fit. The actions are seen as a way to express themselves. If I did the same thing, I'd get laughed at instead.

Why don't I fit? I try hard to crawl into the mold. By fixing my hair certain ways and wearing the right clothes. I fit the mold temporary and am normal. Then something happens and I'm back to being on the outside looking for a way back into the mold.]
    Last edited by 3MthGf; 01-10-2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Added the title

3. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

I used to write all the time. Mostly short stories and poetry. It's been a while but I'm working on prompts everyday to try and get back into it. If I write something I'm proud of then I will post it here

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post

I used to write all the time. Mostly short stories and poetry. It's been a while but I'm working on prompts everyday to try and get back into it. If I write something I'm proud of then I will post it here
    I'm not good at short stories. I mainly write about my feelings. Does your poetry rhyme or is it free form?

5. Senior Member
    *Something from 2003*

[I write for control. I can control this. Somepeople control thier weight. Not me, not ever. I guess I shouldn't say never. "You never know what might happen in the future However, it takes way too much effort to eat and puke. Plus, it's gross. Besides, I like my weight, it's my face where the problem occures. Since I can't afford plastic surgery, I write.

I write for control. I can control my writing and not my talking. Everyone tries to control my talking. Not a day goes by that I don't here dont you ever shut up? or some variation. People just don't understand. I'm tlaking because I want you to pay attention to me. It's the only child syndrome. The only attention I receive is negative. Which I shouldn't want, however, people are paying attention to me. That's all that really counts. Yes, I know there is definitely something wrong with me.

I write for control. I have to have control over something. I'm in charge of THIS. The magic pen is between my fingers and noone elses. I tell it what and how to write. I don't have to worry about someone overriding my decision. That happens everyday in the "real world". This notebook is my new reality. It's alot safer here then out there. If only I could stay here forever. Maybe oneday I will let someone come visit me here. For now it's goig to be my private island.]

6. Senior Member

7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    1)How long have you been writing? since I was a little kid
    2)Ever had any of your work published? no
    3)What do you write about? everything lol fantasy, adventure, romance, paranormal ish
    4)Would you post something here so others can read it? uuuuum probably not I don't like sharing work publically lol
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I've been writing off an on for a few years.
    Its mostly just my life jotted down.
    I want to be published one day, its a goal of mine. I had originally wanted to have written and be published within 5 years, but that's soon approaching.

I don't think I'd share any unpublished work with the site.. IDK, fear someone would steal my idea or publish it under my nose or stuff like that.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. After all this time? Always.
    After all this time? Always.

I'm a writer. I've been writing since I was in grade school. I've had my poetry published in my college's literary magazine (Pound, Ginsberg, W.C. Williams and many others had their work published in this magazine!) and I hope to get my MFA in poetry after my year off (this coming year). I write everyday in a variety of genres. I don't think I would post anything on here because as others have said, I would very much like to get published again in the future, and the internet isn't very secure when it comes to creative output. I'm happy to read other people's work though!
  10. Regular Member
    Ahh! I used to write so much when I was younger. I was in middle school, and I believe even in the beginning of high school. I mostly wrote short(ish) stories & about all kinds of high school stuff haha, nothing real interesting (unless you were a high school or middle school student). I really did enjoy writing, and I was pretty good, English was always my strongest subject. Everyone in my family tried to encourage me to become a writer, but I never pursued it, and eventually stopped writing later in High School. I did enjoy it, and probably still would. OP, what was the book called with the different subjects? Is it subjects for story writing? I prefer stories over poems and such.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast