Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorority Girls?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Sorority Girls?

Advertisements
    I am a sister of Gamma Phi Beta and sometimes I feel like I'm the only Army girlfriend with Greek letters! Everyone seems to have this misconception that you either have to be either just a Sorority girl or just a military SO. Uhmmm... Not true! Just looking to see if there are any other women with Greek letters and if so, what ones? (:
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Phi Sig here! But a legacy of KKG and Tri Delt. MF is a marine. Buuuut since I graduated undergrad I am a Phi Sig alumni and now I am in a veterinary fraternity in vet school- OTS. I loooooved being greek! And I dont know anyone who thought you had to be a sorority girl or a mil SO...then again, I am not a mil So nor do I define myself as one. I am marrying a guy in the military. That doesnt define me, nor did it define my time in college. My letters were much larger in my life.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm a Kappa Delta alum
  4. verabot89
    verabot89
    Alpha Phi alum hurr
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Vino!!! You were a Kappa Kappa Gucci? How cool!!
    But for the OP, I have never met anyone who thought one could not be both. BUT there is a stereotyp about sorority girls in general, and every chapter of every sorority has its own stereotype, and this is more likely hat you are running into.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    When I was away at college, I knew a lot of girls that were Greek and Mil SOs. I don't think you're alone!
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Phi Sig here! But a legacy of KKG and Tri Delt. MF is a marine. Buuuut since I graduated undergrad I am a Phi Sig alumni and now I am in a veterinary fraternity in vet school- OTS. I loooooved being greek! And I dont know anyone who thought you had to be a sorority girl or a mil SO...then again, I am not a mil So nor do I define myself as one. I am marrying a guy in the military. That doesnt define me, nor did it define my time in college. My letters were much larger in my life.
    I know what you mean, my letters are absolutely stitched across my heart, not just my shirt! My best friend is actually a Phi Sig!
  8. Always Smile :)
    Always Smile :)
    Epsilon Sigma Alpha
    "All for one and one for all." ☮♥&EΣA
  9. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I was an AOII in college. (I say was because I didn't go alum. I just kinda quit when I stopped going to UAB.)
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Alpha Chi represent! Granted, I'm not a military SO anymore but you can define yourself however you want.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast