Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Preparing for an outdoor photo shoot

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Preparing for an outdoor photo shoot

Advertisements
    DB and I just scheduled a photo shoot at Manassas Battlefield in September!! I know its super early but I'm really excited and have never done real "family" photos before (my parents only did Olsen Mills like twice when we were little). So what do I need to do to be prepared?? These are the two locations were thinking of shooting at/ around:
    Stone Bridge
    Stone House

and I'm planning on wearing this:
    Dress
    Necklace

SOOO what else do I need to think of??? The pamphlet from the photographer says to do more makeup than normal but I'm not really sure how to go about that without looking like a drag queen or a clown lol.
  2. Regular Member
    Love the stone bridge location and the dress is very pretty ! (that color being my favorite) !
    Best of luck
  3. Senior Member
    Oooo loveeee the dress!! Thats the color that I want my bridesmaids to wear!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    As a photographer, both locations are beautiful, but I feel like I'd be able to get more out of the stone bridge area for a couple. Love the dress, wish all my clients had your fashion sense!

I personally don't think you need to do more make up than usual. I've never really heard that request unless you're doing promotional portraits or pageant photos, but if that's the photographers request, maybe message him/her and ask for a better explanation of it or if he/she has a make up artist on payroll that could do it before your session?

5. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I've always done heavier makeup than usual for photos, and photos turn out really good, not like a drag queen. Just don't do your everyday makeup, more like evening makeup-- full eyeshadow, a little more eye liner, and makeup on the whole face.

I'm stalking your Facebook… your everyday eye makeup is good. For photos, I would just powder more than usual and a little lipstick. You're golden. Love your outfit!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    I've always done heavier makeup than usual for photos, and photos turn out really good, not like a drag queen. Just don't do your everyday makeup, more like evening makeup-- full eyeshadow, a little more eye liner, and makeup on the whole face.

I'm stalking your Facebook… your everyday eye makeup is good. For photos, I would just powder more than usual and a little lipstick. You're golden. Love your outfit!
    i always wear a little more in photos, like evening makeup, nothing over the top.

Your locations and outfit look great! Have fun

7. Ambitiously Blonde
    Ambitiously Blonde
    love both locations and the dress looks awesome.

Also- I always wear a little more makeup and tell my clients to wear a little more just to make their eyes pop if they want.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

ahh sorry I totally abandoned this thread!! I got busy at work and kind of forgot about it!

Quote Originally Posted by fivefourteen View Post
    Love the stone bridge location and the dress is very pretty ! (that color being my favorite) !
    Best of luck
    Thank you!! That location was our compromise because DB wants water and I want history haha

Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Oooo loveeee the dress!! Thats the color that I want my bridesmaids to wear!
    everyone I know says that color looks good on me because I'm so pale/ blonde haha so its kind of my go to nice color haha

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    As a photographer, both locations are beautiful, but I feel like I'd be able to get more out of the stone bridge area for a couple. Love the dress, wish all my clients had your fashion sense!

I personally don't think you need to do more make up than usual. I've never really heard that request unless you're doing promotional portraits or pageant photos, but if that's the photographers request, maybe message him/her and ask for a better explanation of it or if he/she has a make up artist on payroll that could do it before your session?
    thanks! I love stone bridge but I'm kinda hoping we can do both since they're prob a 3 min drive apart haha.

I'm starting to think that the makeup bullet point is more geared towards people who wear hardly any make up on normal days not people like me who do a full face all day every day. I'll prob just bump up the blush/ bronzer so I don't look like a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post

haha thanks! I love playing with makeup so it'll be fun! We need to chat more because I stalk your FB way more than I'm willing to admit haha.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    i always wear a little more in photos, like evening makeup, nothing over the top.

Your locations and outfit look great! Have fun
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambzie View Post
    love both locations and the dress looks awesome.

Also- I always wear a little more makeup and tell my clients to wear a little more just to make their eyes pop if they want.
    thanks!!
  9. Regular Member
    Yes, go for it. You have a good sense of dressing best of luck.
  10. Senior Member
    This thread is over a year old. The photo shoot should have happened last September.