Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Weird thing going on with photoshop/computer

1. Regular Member

Weird thing going on with photoshop/computer

Advertisements
    I hope someone can help me figure this out, I've scoured the internet and can't find a solution so maybe someone on here will know....

For a while I had my color profile on photoshop set to AdobeRGB and then at some point switched it over to sRGB and it was that way for the longest time with no issues. All of a sudden a couple months ago, I would edit a photo in PS, it would look fine, but when I opened it in windows image gallery or uploaded it online the photos would look over saturated and over contrasted. After looking online for an answer I couldn't really find one, and changed my color profile setting around a little more on both PS and my monitor/computer.
    Now photos look fine in PS and once uploaded to the internet, but still look poorly edited in windows gallery. I don't recall what my profile is set to right now since I don't have it PS open. Could it be something wrong with my computer? It's been acting laggy and not wanting to work properly all the time, but it's more of a slowness issue. Nothing else looks funny. I can download an image from the web and it looks fine, until I edit it.
    I can deal with it the way it is now, it's just a hassle to have to open PS or upload to photobucket to view an image to make sure it looks OK.
  2. Senior Member
    Have you calibrated your monitor to make sure that isn't the problem?

Perhaps this may help as well

Adobe Community: Images look bad outside of Photoshop
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. Regular Member
    Yeah I did all that. Still issues...
    Then today, all of a sudden everything is fine. Windows gallery shows images correctly, they look fine in photoshop and online (except Facebook). The only thing I changed was to put my working rgb to Adobe in PS (it was sRGB). But I don't know why it would affect how images show in my computer gallery, especially when the images I'm viewing have sRGB profile.