Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Photoshop Actions

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

Photoshop Actions

Advertisements
    My fellow photographers or photoshop junkies, what's your favorite photoshop actions package?

I was talking to a local newborn photographer recently, and she turned me onto florabella, and omgosh I want everything they're selling

So, which are your favorites?

2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I already told you mine Oh So Posh bohemian one, i think it is?.. it has a nice action called skin glow that is awesome for newborns and maternity and then the Pure Photoshop ones for the studio I have a ton of others but those are the ones i use the most for my stuff.
  3. Senior Member

I just made an action that mimics HDR photography. It works pretty well. But I really want to learn how to take HDR photos, I just haven't found a good tutorial on it.

Heres a picture I did that I'm using as part of a project for a christmas present for my aunt

4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I don't usually use them. lol
  5. Regular Member
    I make my own.

Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    I just made an action that mimics HDR photography. It works pretty well. But I really want to learn how to take HDR photos, I just haven't found a good tutorial on it.
    If you want I can show you how. A lot has to do with how many brackets you take and what program you use. Also, as a little constructive criticism, I would limit whatever is making your blacks so dark. You want there to be a good balance of highlights and shadows so that you bring out more detail.

As a side note, newer versions of Photoshop have an HDR adjustment for single images that works OK. Not sure what version you're using, so I'm just throwing it out there.
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by omg_dbl_rnbw View Post
    If you want I can show you how. A lot has to do with how many brackets you take and what program you use. Also, as a little constructive criticism, I would limit whatever is making your blacks so dark. You want there to be a good balance of highlights and shadows so that you bring out more detail.

As a side note, newer versions of Photoshop have an HDR adjustment for single images that works OK. Not sure what version you're using, so I'm just throwing it out there.
    Thanks, that would be great. I get the basic idea of how to do it, but I think it's the camera setting I'm not sure about. I'm not understanding how to change the depth of field, or how much to change it between exposure.

I'm using CS5.

I actually tweaked that picture some more after posting it here because you're right, the darks were too dark.