Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question: Do you watermark your photos???

1. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!

Question Question: Do you watermark your photos???

Advertisements
    The ones you post online like on your website, FB page, etc, etc???? And if so how do you go about it? Do you use your business logo or something more simple?

A good friend of mine designed my logo, FB Cover photo and a watermark for my FB photography page and I'm debating starting to use the watermark. It has color and I'm not sure if it is too distracting. Usually I just use the copyright symbol and C. Lindstrom after it then turn down the opacity.

Thoughts?

Here are two examples:

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I don't but I think it's a good idea. I haven't posted many pictures lately though (on facebook, I rarely post any here).
  3. verabot89
    verabot89
    I wouldn't use that logo unless it was a transparent white.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

4. Senior Member

For just snapshots, no (though I might if there was an easy iPhoto filter that watermarks pictures).
    For my "photography" (something I've put time/effort into), I usually will.

5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Any professional shots I just use my photography business name and turn down the opacity a lot.

I love the design of the colorful logo, but I think it's too colorful for my taste. I think if it had maybe a little color (like all white with a little pink thrown in) with the opacity turned down, it might work, but there's just too much going on color wise for me in that one.

Beautiful picture btw!

6. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    Any professional shots I just use my photography business name and turn down the opacity a lot.

I love the design of the colorful logo, but I think it's too colorful for my taste. I think if it had maybe a little color (like all white with a little pink thrown in) with the opacity turned down, it might work, but there's just too much going on color wise for me in that one.

Beautiful picture btw!
    Thank you!

Yeah I might see if she can tweak the colors a bit to tone them down. I agree and think it is just too bright.
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I use it on my business stuff I like your 2nd watermark, but i think id do something different with the colors of your name.
  8. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I agree with just a transparent white watermark. The watermark is meant for the purpose of preventing somebody from stealing her image, and I feel like a colorful watermark (while is does still prevent this) takes the focus off of the picture itself and to the watermark.

be cool.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal520 View Post
    The ones you post online like on your website, FB page, etc, etc???? And if so how do you go about it? Do you use your business logo or something more simple?

A good friend of mine designed my logo, FB Cover photo and a watermark for my FB photography page and I'm debating starting to use the watermark. It has color and I'm not sure if it is too distracting. Usually I just use the copyright symbol and C. Lindstrom after it then turn down the opacity.

Thoughts?

Here are two examples:

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
    ALWAYS watermark or have your photos marked in some way (visible or in written into the image via the camera). ALWAYS!!! I seriously can not stress this enough.

So yes, even though I am not a professional all my images are watermarked. I got into the habit due to DH who is a professional.

As for your logo....in the image you show it is not distracting but that is because it is full of color already and it is in a discrete location. How would it look on a black and white photo who knows.
  10. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Thank you all for your input! It really helps! I think I'm going to try and tweak it a bit so it's not so bright.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast