Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Camera people

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

Camera people

Advertisements
    Ok So I'm new to this who lens thing and really to anything more then a simple point and shoot! I'm trying to learn more and not just do simple shoots.
    What are the best youtube videos or blogs or whatever to read? I've been skimming the manual and its all confusing right now lol
    Also I'm starting to look at lens to possibly get in a couple of months. I'm totally confused on what lens will work with my new camera.
    Amazon.com: Olympus PEN E-PL1 12.3MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko Digital Zoom Lens (Black): Camera & Photo I was able to score this camera for $87 brand new at the bx
    So blow up my thread with links and tips
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Anyone get any of the pancake lenses?
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    If you're not sure how manual camera functions work, this thing is awesome!

CameraSim simulates a digital SLR camera - SLR Photography Demystified
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm not sure if you're aware, but Olympus has four thirds lenses. Because your camera is a PEN system, you need to look for Zuiko micro four thirds lenses. I would read up on the differences of four thirds vs. standard 35mm (Four Thirds system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I can seem confusing, but if you go to the Olympus website, it will have the equivalent listed under the lens specs to make it easier for you.

I would start out by learning your camera and how to shoot in manual mode, then I would start considering adding to your lens collection based on what your needs are. However, I would only purchase new lenses if you know you're going to stick with the PEN system. I personally love Olympus and knew I'd stick with their cameras for awhile (I use their E-system).

I personally learned to use my camera with a beginners DSLR book and the user manual. The book explains things simply and the manual helps you learn it on your specific camera. This blog has a great beginners guide "Photography Friday" : Photography Friday 1 {Introduction}
  5. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    UGH....I just shipped 8 Olympus lenses off to Cameta to sell to them because I couldn't sell them. One of them was a pancake lens.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber