Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DSLR Newbie :D

1. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.

DSLR Newbie :D

Advertisements
    What goodies would you guys recommend? Any certain lenses? cases? other accessories?
    DH just got me a Nikon D3100. He's amazeballs

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Senior Member
    I'm a Nikon girl! Welcome to the club!

I know there are pro photogs on here (I just enjoy it as a hobby), but I don't think you should spend tons of money on expensive lens right away. Get used to the camera and its capabilities first. You can shoot quality images with the kit lens. Once you figure out what you can do with your camera then maybe look into lenses. Right now I would focus on learning the differences in manual mode!

Happy shooting!

Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires.
    Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  3. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vylit View Post
    I'm a Nikon girl! Welcome to the club!

I know there are pro photogs on here (I just enjoy it as a hobby), but I don't think you should spend tons of money on expensive lens right away. Get used to the camera and its capabilities first. You can shoot quality images with the kit lens. Once you figure out what you can do with your camera then maybe look into lenses. Right now I would focus on learning the differences in manual mode!

Happy shooting!
    Thank you! The weather's gotten to be really beautiful so I'm excited to go for a walk outside and play around with my camera.

Anybody have recommendations on camera bags or cases?

I'm stuck between easy to carry/use like this: DSLR Camera Case black with purple neoprene by Pamperedpaparazzi
    or something more protective like this: Digital SLR Camera Bag DSLR Camera Bag Purse by BorsaBella
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Try digital-photography-school.com

There are a ton of helpful guides there and you can get help from pros on how to use it and take awesome photos.
  5. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    Try digital-photography-school.com

There are a ton of helpful guides there and you can get help from pros on how to use it and take awesome photos.
    Cool website! Thank you for pointing it out