Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Camera Suggestions?

1. Regular Member

Camera Suggestions?

Advertisements
    My hubs has told me straight up that once we get finances situated, I'm allowed to get a new DSLR. The one I currently have is a Nikon D70. It's pretty ancient in comparison to technology these days lol. Are there any that you have personally used and just absolutely loved? I prefer Nikon because I'm more accustomed to their UI but I do enjoy Canon as well. Also any good macro lenses that you know about would be helpful as well (I LOVE macro photography), though I'll probably just go with a Lensbaby eventually. If anyone has used the new Nikon N1's, a quick opinion of that would be helpful too.
  2. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    My mom has a Canon T3i and I love it
    But I'm a Canon girl so

Also, I haven't seen you around and since this is only your second post, welcome to the site! I'm Kirstyn (:
  3. Regular Member
    Hi Kirstyn! I like Canons too. My back up is a point and shoot Canon power shot, and for an older camera it's got some awesome features on it. For a while I was diggin' the Rebels but then I lost track of all the new cameras that came out because there was so many. XD But of all the brands Nikon and Canon are my go to cameras. I'll definitely check out the T3i, though. Thanks for the tip!
  4. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    Quote Originally Posted by omg_dbl_rnbw View Post
    Hi Kirstyn! I like Canons too. My back up is a point and shoot Canon power shot, and for an older camera it's got some awesome features on it. For a while I was diggin' the Rebels but then I lost track of all the new cameras that came out because there was so many. XD But of all the brands Nikon and Canon are my go to cameras. I'll definitely check out the T3i, though. Thanks for the tip!
    My mom has that as well. It was the camera she had before she got the T3i. Don't fool yourself, it's nothing like a DSLR. You'll definitely be disappointed if you're looking for something more like that.
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I love my Nikon D7000. I upgraded from a D50. Check out Compare digital cameras - Snapsort and you can do a side by side comparison of your current camera with another camera or with a couple cameras you're looking at. I did that with the D7000 and several other cameras (including Canons) and decided I liked the D7000 best.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Gone Hiking
    Gone Hiking
    Can't say much by way of going to a better camera since I finally got mine and it's a Nikon D3100. It's not the better of them and I still have a lot to learn with it, but I am really loving it!
    I also want a good macro lens but since lenses can be costly, have you looked into macro extension tubes? I still have a lot to learn about them as well, but I think they may work pretty nicely at less cost.
  7. Senior Member
    I love my D7000. I have taken some wonderful pictures with it. It just took me a bit to get used to it since I had to learn where there had put all the commands lol. I upgraded from the D80.

I have read about the N1 but haven't been able to physically check it out yet.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  8. Regular Member
    Amazon has some moderately priced macro filters. They're not hardcore like an actual lens but they do a good enough job, and you can use the tubes with them as well. It's just one of those things where I never really had the spare money for it. At one point I just made my own out of a magnifying glass we had laying around lol. It actually worked really well and didn't cost a thing. Some cameras also allow you to take photos without a lens on them so you can take the lens off and turn it around and use it as a makeshift macro lens.
  9. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Nikon D700. I'm a Nikon girl. I also have a Leica.
    Pax, Aeon