Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I got some of my grandfather's equipment!!!

1. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!

Smile I got some of my grandfather's equipment!!!

Advertisements
    My grandfather was very into photography but mainly just as a hobby. Well he passed away last April and my grandmother told me that she was going to collect all his cameras and equipment and let my sister and I go through it and take what we want because she wants to keep it all in the family. So while I was home in PA last week for my sister's graduation, my grandmother brought over all the cameras and stuff! I took three 35mm film cameras and one pretty new Nikon Coolpix 10 megapixel for DH since I already have a point and shoot.

Here is the rundown on the cameras:

Canon Rebel EOS Ti with a Sigma lens
    Minolta Maxxium 5 with the original lens
    Minolta Dynax 7 with a Tamron lens and battery pack
    Nikon Coolpix 10mp (not sure which one, DH took it with him)

If anyone has any tips or info about any of the first 3 cameras that would be awesome! I'm trying to look them up online to get more information. I also got two table top tripods and a QSX EZ Pod and a bunch of lens filters and additional flashes for all the cameras!

It felt like Christmas going through all of it!!! My sister only took two of the cameras because she just wanted them because they were grandpa's and my mom took a really old one she is going to put on the tv cabinet.
  2. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    We have a Minolta with a zoom lens. omg- I got to see Sammy Sosa up-close all the way at the top because that zoom lens was boss. Takes really good pictures for film. But we have a Nikon D80 now, no awesome zoom lens with it though We stopped using film when I entered my senior year in High School.
  3. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGirlfriend-x View Post
    We have a Minolta with a zoom lens. omg- I got to see Sammy Sosa up-close all the way at the top because that zoom lens was boss. Takes really good pictures for film. But we have a Nikon D80 now, no awesome zoom lens with it though We stopped using film when I entered my senior year in High School.
    I want to re-teach myself how to develop my own film again and use the film cameras for more "artsy" photos.