Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Shutterfly.

1. Senior Member

Shutterfly.

Advertisements
    Has anyone ordered a photo book from shutterfly? I am starting to make one right now. I was just concerned with the actual quality of the book. A few of the pictures are crystal clear but shutterfly keeps telling me that they have low resolution. I don't want to pay for a photo book that will have grainy pictures.
  2. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    They may look clear on your screen but if the files are small they won't print nice. It won't matter what company you use. What size are the files?

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I bought DBs VDay photobook on Shutterfly... I also had the warning on a couple photos (some were too small, some were bad quality - ie, iPhone pics). I just made sure that the smaller sized/not as clear quality were made to fit into the smaller pictures 'frames' on the page (most of my pages had multiple pictures). Then again, I think I left one or two with the red warning box around it... I *knew* they would turn out fine with the (small) amount of knowledge I have on the matter.

My book turned out just beautifully... honestly, much better than I anticipated. No glitches or pictures looking unlike they should! DB and our families loved it!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    They may look clear on your screen but if the files are small they won't print nice. It won't matter what company you use. What size are the files?
    When I click on the pics some say 699, 812, and 582. There are a few that are pretty low in size. Which is why I'm guessing they are saying the resolution is low. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by br33 View Post
    I bought DBs VDay photobook on Shutterfly... I also had the warning on a couple photos (some were too small, some were bad quality - ie, iPhone pics). I just made sure that the smaller sized/not as clear quality were made to fit into the smaller pictures 'frames' on the page (most of my pages had multiple pictures). Then again, I think I left one or two with the red warning box around it... I *knew* they would turn out fine with the (small) amount of knowledge I have on the matter.

My book turned out just beautifully... honestly, much better than I anticipated. No glitches or pictures looking unlike they should! DB and our families loved it!
    I might just have to take a chance on hope that it works. I get it for free because I ordered something online from BestBuy so I won't lose any money. Thank you!
  5. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I just made one of these recently for my best friend Jen with all the delivery pictures I took when she had her little boy and it came out awesome!!! I was very impressed and will be doing business with them again!!!
  6. Gone Hiking
    Gone Hiking
    I haven't used them for several years but when I did, the photos came out great. I'd use them again if I decide to get another one together.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

This is what DH and I are using to gift photobooks to our parents with wedding pictures! I've only heard good things.