Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you be upset?

1. AMD

Question Would you be upset?

Advertisements
    If someone you don't know had uploaded your photos to facebook?

I emailed some pics I took of my friend's baby to said friend. She emailed them to family, which doesn't bug me at all. However, her sister uploaded them to facebook and tagged her, since my friend isn't active on facebook.

Now, I'm by no means a professional, and the majority of my pictures turn out like crap. Because of that fact, I don't bother with a watermark or anything claiming them as mine (I should since I blog, but I hate seeing crummy photos with a watermark). However, these were GOOD pictures that I took the time to edit and make even better.

As it stands, I barely upload any pictures to my own facebook, but if I had know these would end up there, I would've just uploaded them myself. At least then these would be "my" pictures. I know there was no foul play or anything, she probably just wanted to share with their friends and family, but I'm still pretty upset about it
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I don't know... you sent pictures to your friend of her child. That right there makes me believe that she or her family has full right to upload them just like they would if they were professionally done with a watermark.

If you didn't want them to be uploaded then you should have said something or not sent them to her.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. AMD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I don't know... you sent pictures to your friend of her child. That right there makes me believe that she or her family has full right to upload them just like they would if they were professionally done with a watermark.

If you didn't want them to be uploaded then you should have said something or not sent them to her.
    That's why I feel silly being upset about it. That's also why I have no intention of saying anything to her about it. I meant to post that in my OP

I was just really taken aback by it.
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by AMD View Post
    That's why I feel silly being upset about it. That's also why I have no intention of saying anything to her about it. I meant to post that in my OP

I was just really taken aback by it.
    Maybe you could ask her to at least put in the album description "Pictures taken by [AMD]" or something like that?

I don't think it's wrong of you to want credit for the pictures you took.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I am not a photographer, so it wouldn't personally bother me. If it bothers you then I would just ask her to credit you somehow, like in the comment area as Rissa suggested. No harm in that!

6. Senior Member
    i think everyone can give their thoughts about other people's issues on what they think is the most politically correct...but we all know that if we were personally in this situation we would all be a little peeved. I would be upset.
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

I agree with all of this.
  8. Senior Member
    I'd be ticked off. You took the time to take them for her, you deserve credit. You could always tag yourself in the photos and then add them to your page as well. Unfortunately not everyone will give credit to those who deserve it.
    I would also start doing a small water mark or something in the corner of the photos so if it happens again, at least your watermark is on it.

9. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick

I tend to agree with this. I have taken pictures of friends' children and emailed them to those friends and not thought twice when those friends uploaded them to Facebook. When I emailed them, I figured they would do with them as they wished and they might want to share them.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'd be okay with it, but photography isn't important to me

Are you friends with her sister? Maybe it would make you feel better if you commented on a picture saying something along the lines of, "loved shooting this little guy/girl!" or something like that!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast