Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: hello, people that know things about cameras.

1. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!

hello, people that know things about cameras.

Advertisements
    DH and I have been meaning to get a DSLR that can take legit pictures for months. Well, he is now deployed, and since I am birthing our first child tomorrow (okay, fine, I'm picking him up from the Humane Society), I figure it is past time to do so, so I can document baby's childhood well for Daddy.

I have experience with SLRs, but I have never used a digital one. I extensively used a Leica in high school, but when I ask people for their opinions, no one ever seems to mention them. I want something that has great detail and great, accurate color and white balance. I want to be able to see every hair on my black dog's body

On the other hand, I don't need a rocket ship. I want something basic. And something that I don't need to spend a whole paycheck on.

Please, please give me your suggestions
  2. Senior Member
    duluth mn...it's a great city on a great lake!
    Someone once told me that national geographic photographers use nikons I've found canons to be user friendly and take quality pictures. Also if you're willing to settle for a point and shoot kodak is discontinuing their cameras so you may be able to still find one thats clearanced. Have fun with your new furbaby!!!!
  3. Senior Member
    I have a Nikon d40 and I've always been happy with it with just the kit lens. I prefer my friends pictures using canons though!
  4. ...
    I have a Cannon T1i.
  5. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    I have a canon rebel t3.
    It's my first dslr and i'm getting the hang of it really well
    It was a bit on the expensive side though, but well worth it.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My first DSLR was a Nikon D3000 but it got broken when we returned from our evacuation last year. The nice thing is that DH upgraded me to a Nikon D90 & I love it! I only have the kit lens but it is perfect for us!
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  7. Senior Member

I've got a Nikon DSLR and have been using Nikon for years and I love it. The only downside to the cameras is the bulk, weight, and carrying extra lenses in case you want to be more creative. Oh, and the price!

As an alternative, you might want to try the compact mirrorless cameras, such as the Sony NEX-5. I actually bought one because it's smaller, lighter, and you can also change the lenses with it. They're just as good as an entry level DSLR and for those who love the "bokeh" (blurry background image), it does have a feature that easily allows you to capture images like that. I love, love, love my Sony since I can easily tuck it in my purse instead of lugging around the SLR.

Here's a link to an example of a shot with the NEX-5.
    DSC04240 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  8. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

I've got a Canon Rebel T3 and compared to other DSLR prices it's pretty reasonable and I haven't regretted buying it for a moment.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  9. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    I don't own a DSLR, just several SLRs including two Minoltas and one Leica (which I probably will end up breaking because I use it so much )

But I have used the Canon Rebel series before. I favour those