Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Our Christmas pictures are gone!

1. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.

Help Our Christmas pictures are gone!

Advertisements
    Help!

Somehow, the pictures that I took yesterday for DH and I's Christmas won't work anymore. My computer won't recognize the files, my camera won't recognize the files, they can't be uploaded and recovery software doesn't recognize them either.
    The actual error messages I receive read as follows-
    From the computer: "Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer." which is weird because they're still in a jpeg format
    From the camera: "Unidentified Image" which is weird because I'm pretty sure that I reviewed them yesterday as I took more pictures

I did nothing to the pictures. The most I did was insert my SD card into my computer, but other than that the pictures have not been edited in any way since my camera took them.

The most info I've been able to gather is that my SD card could be corrupted? Do I need to get a new SD card?
    The camera is taking pictures fine. And I took a test shot to see if my camera would register the picture on the SD card and it did.

I've tried googling, using recovery software, and I don't know what else to do.

I just really want those Christmas pictures back; it was our first Christmas together

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

take the card into a camera shop and they should be able to recover them

3. The cake is a lie...
    The cake is a lie...
    I agree. I'd take them to a camera shop.

Are you taking them off the camera and opening them with windows? If not DH says to try that.
    MS234755 and mxchick910 are my wifeys!
    I'm BiggyBiggs mistress!

Not in cruelty,
    Not in wrath,
    The Reaper came today;
    An Angel visited this gray path,
    And took the cube away.