Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Critics

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Critics

Advertisements
    Paper Memories

Would love some feedback on my recent pictures!
    [Blog is a work in progress, so bear with me on it! ]

2. Regular Member
    I'm no photographer so I have no adice or tips, but I LOVE them. They're beautiful!
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Baby deer! sorry
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Senior Member
    I love your style. It's a lot like mine

the one thing I will say, (it's what DH tells me all the time ), and please don't take this the wrong way because I don't think this, is that some people may find them over edited. DH hates when I mess with the pictures. I on the other hand, love it! It's a matter of taste

keep up the great work!
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I am NO professional, but I like them! I don't have any detailed critique, I will just pass on some advice I have been given.

I think you do have to be careful (general you) about the camera tilt thing. If you do it too much it looks like you are trying to overcompensate for lack of actual talent, and if you don't do it correctly the picture just looks lopsided. Creative angles are good, the same tilt over and over again is bad. Not that you are doing that, I just know it's an easy habit to get into.

Also, be careful not to cut people off at a joint. It takes away from the continuity of the picture and stops the eye from following the subject.

Last, I was once told to make sure there is a "white" and a "black" in every photo. That is a quick way to get a good contrast and prevent the photo from looking too flat.

I also dig your style. I like the processed look, as long as it is done well and I think you do it very well! The only one I thought looked a little off is the black and white group pic in Family because I couldn't see any discernible white so it looked a little flat. I think you have great composition though, and seem to follow the rule of thirds when it looks good but you aren't afraid to break away from it to make the picture more interesting. I like!!

6. Senior Member

No professional advice, or even advice from experience. . But i like how they look. .
  7. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    You're improving!

I'll echo Trina on the camera tilt and cutting off at the joints. I'm not really a fan of the over processed look. Whites are blown and colors are often way over saturated (and I like saturated) and detail in the image, especially the subjects, is lost. I like actions as they can simplify postprocessing, but not over doing it.

Just a tip, be careful where you place your subjects or snap photos so you can avoid harsh lighting and shadows on the face and body because it can be distracting.
    Pax, Aeon
  8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    I am NO professional, but I like them! I don't have any detailed critique, I will just pass on some advice I have been given.

I think you do have to be careful (general you) about the camera tilt thing. If you do it too much it looks like you are trying to overcompensate for lack of actual talent, and if you don't do it correctly the picture just looks lopsided. Creative angles are good, the same tilt over and over again is bad. Not that you are doing that, I just know it's an easy habit to get into.

Also, be careful not to cut people off at a joint. It takes away from the continuity of the picture and stops the eye from following the subject.

Last, I was once told to make sure there is a "white" and a "black" in every photo. That is a quick way to get a good contrast and prevent the photo from looking too flat.

I also dig your style. I like the processed look, as long as it is done well and I think you do it very well! The only one I thought looked a little off is the black and white group pic in Family because I couldn't see any discernible white so it looked a little flat. I think you have great composition though, and seem to follow the rule of thirds when it looks good but you aren't afraid to break away from it to make the picture more interesting. I like!!

i'll just agree with this