Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Op Love Photog Issues

1. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..

Question Op Love Photog Issues

Advertisements
    I if this goes here or not but mebbe if any of you are professional photographers you can give me some insight.

DB & I had our pictures done about 6-7 weeks ago. She said they would be done and edited by 4-5 weeks ago and I sent her an email 3 weeks from when they were supposed to be done giving our final sent information and asking how things were going (I thought her saying they'd be done in 2 weeks seemed quick, so I didnt mind 3 weeks but now Im kinda ) She didnt reply. & here we are now

If it takes her longer to edit them I really have no problem with that; my issue stems from her not responding to my emails. We paid out additional money so we could have 2 disks of the pictures DBs dad gave her like $80 when she only charges like $75 a session with the disks.. So that was generous of him, as is her of volunteering her time to take our pics.

Part of me feels like I got scammed; Im sure -eventually- we'll get the pics but 6 months from now most likely. Ive seen pictures she posted like 2 weeks ago that look like they were taken last fall.

I dont want to wait that long, I mean if she warned me that it would I wouldnt be upset, if shed reply I wouldnt be upset.

How long does it take you to complete editing?
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Did you find her on the oplove website? If so, you need to contact them and let them know.

3. Banned
    Banned
    I'm not a professional, but even with a small child that takes a lot of my attention, school work etc. It normally only takes me a week tops to edit 35-50 photos. . Again I'm not a professional.

Also, this may just be me, but she isn't volunteering her time if she charges $75 for a session. JMO.
  4. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    I know that OpLove had been having some issues with their photographers. I would try to get into contact with them if thats who you found her through.

Does she have a phone number that you could call? In your contract are you promised pictures in a certain amount of time?
  5. The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    Did you find her on the oplove website? If so, you need to contact them and let them know.
    Thats what Im thinking but I dunno she was really nice but if she cant reply to my emails then what else am I supposed to think?

Quote Originally Posted by LadySassyPants View Post
    I'm not a professional, but even with a small child that takes a lot of my attention, school work etc. It normally only takes me a week tops to edit 35-50 photos. . Again I'm not a professional.

Also, this may just be me, but she isn't volunteering her time if she charges $75 for a session. JMO.
    She didnt charge for the session. Op Love covers the session and gives the military member a booklet of all the pictures. DB's parents and I wanted to have pictures of our own and since thats not technically covered we decided we would pay. She told him $20 and was leery of taking it and he slipped her $80. We also drove all the way across town and back again so we could give her a jump when her battery was drained since her kids were stuck in the car on our session.

Im not a professional either, so I get if it would take longer, but an email wouldnt hurt?
  6. Banned
    Banned
    OOOOH gotcha. Ya, I was like that's not volunteering LOL.

Ya, and email wouldn't hurt.
  7. The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaH View Post
    I know that OpLove had been having some issues with their photographers. I would try to get into contact with them if thats who you found her through.

Does she have a phone number that you could call? In your contract are you promised pictures in a certain amount of time?
    I didnt keep a copy of our contract but I wonder if perhaps they have a generic one on their site. She does have a number and I left a voicemail a while back but maybe Ill try to ring her during the week when she may not be as busy?

& I did find her through Op Love
  8. Senior Member
    If she is a professional than she should be replying to your emails. It shouldn't take that long to edit your photos- I mean I tell my wedding clients four weeks and have everything ready for them in three weeks max. However, if she is one of these new quasi-professional photographers as it sounds like she might be (since her kids were with her during your session) then professionalism isn't necessarily going to be a big deal for her. It takes a lot more to be a professional photographer than just having a nice camera (personal soapbox, sorry ) I'm sure she will eventually contact you- or you could just send her the email again asking if she got your first one... that should get her to respond because it would give her an easy out for her lack of professionalism- if that makes any sense...

And if you did find her through some organization (I'm not sure what OP Love is) than you should probably contact them too.
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

maybe she is sick or something came up and she isn't able to check email? Just trying to think of reasons other than scamming you etc.. i hope you hear from her soon!
  10. Senior Member
    And on a second note- I doubt she is actually scamming you (unless she lost your photos which doesn't happen that often) Photographers WANT their work to be seen and appreciated! My guess is that she has just procrastinated and is now feeling guilty about it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast