1. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Calling all my Canon addicts!!

Advertisements
    Any of you have this one?
    Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR Camera (Camera Body) 3818B001

If so, gimme a review! Thanks!

2. Senior Member
    I have it! I love it! Lots of features to play with, whether you're a point-and-shoot with auto settings, or a pro with all-manual....there are lots of "in-between" settings that let you tweek just a few things if you want. It also has the dust sensor/cleaner and from what I can tell, it works great.

Lots of lenses are compatible also, which is important- not all of us can afford to spend $1600 on a Canon-brand lens lol.
  3. Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Mommy of 2 Boys!
    My name is Hannah and i'm addicted to my Canon.

I have a Canon Rebel XTi though.
  4. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Thumbs Up I have it! I love it!

I have it!

Though, I am still learning all the manual settings, I love the pre-sets it comes with! I rarely have a bad picture, and if it IS a bad picture... it's because the people IN the picture were... you know. Not ready or something! hahah.

The programs it comes with a great! And I also use this photo editing software called GIMP. It's fantastic and a free version of photoshop! ANYWHO.

The camera is amazing. They do have the t2i or whatever the newest version is, but from what I can tell the only difference is that it takes video too. (which is a waste if you're not interested in video-taking!).

This camera has some great qualities to it too! For instance you can take RAW images with it! Fantastic if you want to delve into professional photography!

I love it (and that price) I would jump on it.

I got mine at Sears for like $650 or something but it came with the basic 18-55mm lens (which is great for just starting out!)!

I have no complaints about this camera!
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by made4neonlights View Post
    I have it! I love it! Lots of features to play with, whether you're a point-and-shoot with auto settings, or a pro with all-manual....there are lots of "in-between" settings that let you tweek just a few things if you want. It also has the dust sensor/cleaner and from what I can tell, it works great.

Lots of lenses are compatible also, which is important- not all of us can afford to spend $1600 on a Canon-brand lens lol.
    DO you have any links for what lenses this camera is compatible with!? I am looking for new lenses!!
  6. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    K has the Rebel XT. No complaints from him.

Are you thinking about getting a new one? I thought you have a fancier one than a Rebel.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by made4neonlights View Post

Know it's late, but...

I just got one for Christmas, and it's amazing. I'm still learning he controls myself. IMO what makes Canons so wonderful is the quality of the colors.

The lenses are insanely expensive though. I found this site that tells the difference between the lenses, and breaks them down according to price range.

The Best Canon EOS Lenses - Bob Atkins Photography

Another good place to get good lenses is techbargains.com. They list sites are having deals on lenses, filters and other accessories, too!

I thought of getting a T2 to take advantage of the holiday deals, but a pro photographer suggested I save my money and invest in a flash. VERY, VERY, VERY good advice if anyone's considering.

I hope it's helpful.
  8. Senior Member
    Never had that camera, but all we've had in my house is Canons. I have a Canon 20D and my mom has a Canon 50D. I had digital rebel before that and loved it!
  9. Senior Member
    I have it, and I LOVE it! I'm a total addict now. LOL!

AdrienneRose, the T1i has video too, so that's not a difference in the newest one and the T1i. I haven't looked into the newest one, so I have no clue what the differences are, in all honesty. But I do love my T1i!!!