Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Goals

1. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?

Goals

Advertisements
    Do you have any goals or plans for the near future? Portfolio building, build a website, focus on a certain medium or genre, save up for glass or gear?

I'd like to get out more and use my 35mm. I love shooting 35mm B&W. I need some motivation and inspiration. I've been so busy with the kids that I'm not as motivated to do more. I'm currently eying the Nikon D700, 135mm f/2 DC and 85mm 1.4. I need a new external flash since my other one broke.
    Pax, Aeon
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've been trying to build a "portfolio" so to speak. I have tons of great still shots (buildings, sunsets, nature, items, ect), but not to many great pics of people.

Just doesn't seam to be a strong point for me, I can take 300 pics and end up with maybe 10 good ones. So better photos of people is what im currently working towards.
  3. Senior Member
    This was pretty inspiring for me:

Amazon.com: David Busch's Digital Photography Bucket List: 100 Great Digital Photos You Must Take Before You Die (9781598639933): David D. Busch: Books

You don't actually have to buy the book, you can look at the "preview" index and see the list

Correction: I meant the table of contents, sorry!
  4. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    I'd love to get back into still life. I miss it. Street, B&W and fine art are my favorite genres.
    Pax, Aeon
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thats a great resource! I think I might get it!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespertina View Post
    Do you have any goals or plans for the near future? Portfolio building, build a website, focus on a certain medium or genre, save up for glass or gear?

I'd like to get out more and use my 35mm. I love shooting 35mm B&W. I need some motivation and inspiration. I've been so busy with the kids that I'm not as motivated to do more. I'm currently eying the Nikon D700, 135mm f/2 DC and 85mm 1.4. I need a new external flash since my other one broke.
    I also love using B&W 35mm, but I enjoy my digital so much, and I can turn anything I shoot to B&W when I pull them up to print. So, it's like the best of both worlds!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverandalways View Post
    This was pretty inspiring for me:

Amazon.com: David Busch's Digital Photography Bucket List: 100 Great Digital Photos You Must Take Before You Die (9781598639933): David D. Busch: Books

You don't actually have to buy the book, you can look at the "preview" index and see the list

Correction: I meant the table of contents, sorry!
    great resource! thanks for the link
  8. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    I also love using B&W 35mm, but I enjoy my digital so much, and I can turn anything I shoot to B&W when I pull them up to print. So, it's like the best of both worlds!
    Yep. I love the instant reward of using digital, but I also like be surprised by what turns out when I get my prints and image disc. in the mail. I have to send my film to be developed and scanned and then send it out again to get prints made. It's very expensive and takes a bit of time, but oh so cool when I finally get the final product. We don't have a proper space for a dark room right now. Maybe in the future after we PCS.
    Pax, Aeon