Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prices?

1. Senior Member

Prices?

Advertisements
    Ok...so here's the deal...I've been a photog for a while...both at a studio, and on my own...on my own, I've never charged...I've always done everything for free...

Well...I've been asked to do some shoots in the next few weeks, and they will be paid...but here's the thing...I don't know what to charge...

I include a CD with all the images, raw and edited...and also with my watermark, should they want to use them on FB or something like that. I also include a release so that they can have them printed anywhere. I will order the prints for them if they prefer, but this also gives them the opportunity to have them printed when ever and where ever they want.

I'm really, really, really trying to make this my career, to have my own photog studio (in our home) and do portraits/freelance for a living.

Any ideas as to what you think is a fair price, to include travel, time, etc?

I'm doing a maternity shoot, and personal portraits among (hopefully MUCH more)

TIA
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I tried checking out your site, but for some reason it wont work on my computer. I think its going to depend on the skill level, how many pictures you take/edit, whether they can print some without the watermark, the kind of event it is, and so on.

I have seen people charge anywhere from $150-$7,000 for a package like that...
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks Sam

Anyone else??
  4. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    When Trina did photos for us a year or two ago, we gave her $75 or $100.

I agree that the price should depend on how long the shoot is, and how many images are given to them.

I would say $200ish is fair for a 2hour shoot with 75 or so images, since you're relatively new to the business.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  5. New to the Military and Husband leaves for Turkey alone
    New to the Military and Husband leaves for Turkey alone
    Blog Entries
    the photographer who did our wedding charged us 500.00 that got us the CD,and all day coverage of our wedding. He charged us like 4.00 for 4x6 pictures printed professionally and 8.00 for an 8x10.
  6. Senior Member
    I guess I should mention that I take upwards of 1000-1500 shots per shoot, depending on the client...and sessions can last from 45 minutes for business head shots, to 4-5 hours for family portraits...I wish I has some examples of what I was doing in the studio that I worked in...
  7. Senior Member
    Since you are just getting started, I would say offer a promotional rate. I have noticed that a lot of people publish their pics on facebook which would be good advertisement for you. Pricing also depends on what area you are in. Someone sent me a quote for 10,000 for our big wedding. I thought that was insane, lol. If I was you, I would research photographers in your area who do similar work as you, that way you can offer a competitive price.
  8. Senior Member
    thanks for all your input ladies...PLEASE keep it coming!!
  9. Senior Member
  10. Senior Member
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast