Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1st DSLR? fianl update 12 :D

1. .boricua.
    .boricua.

My 1st DSLR? fianl update 12 :D

Advertisements
    Dh just told me that he wants to buy me a "real" camera camera for our 1 year Aniv

He was trying to think of something that I would like, and this is what he came up with (I like to paint and consider myself fairly artistic, so he just thought taking pretty pictures would be right up there with all that haha) It's really damn cute that he put so much thought into it

Here's my question... I have no clue how to use em or edit photos...

I have friends who take some pretty amazing photos... But how???? LOL

I told Dh I would love to give it a try, but that I had no clue where to start... So I will have the camera (eventually? no clue when he plans on giving it to me or what he's planning on buying he's a really smart shopper so I know he will look up info on em, but his guess is as good as mine at this point)...

You ladies have any suggestions on what to do next?
  2. Senior Member
    Its hard to explain there is ALOT to learn on an SLR camera ALOT I've had mine for a year and still learning. Honestly read the manual when you get it. Here is some information on basic features of an SLR its seems confusing but oune you actually get it its not that bad

Ben's Newbie Guide to Digital SLR Photography - Canon Digital Photography Forums
    " Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it right"
  3. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    Yay! I'm excited

I've always wanted to give this a try... but I thought it was too complicated and time consuming... not to mention I didn't ever think I would spend the $$ on the camera

But I will be done with school soon and I will have time to do stuff for myself, I just posted how that's what I wanted to work on this year, personal time and hobbies So maybe this will be something good
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    You are going to love DSLR. Tell your husband to check this website on the "recommended cameras" section. I love his blogs, very easy to understand and he talks about everything. You can go straight to the "How to make great pictures"
    KenRockwell.com
  5. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    You are going to love DSLR. Tell your husband to check this website on the "recommended cameras" section. I love his blogs, very easy to understand and he talks about everything. You can go straight to the "How to make great pictures"
    KenRockwell.com

LOL!!!!

I showed this to Dh and he told me "I already read that, it looks a little biased to me..."

Looks like he has already been doing his homework

I'm excited to see what he ends up buying
  6. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    OHHHHH Dh just told me to go check out 2 cameras

Nikon D3000

and

Sony A330

He wants to see what I think of them in person... I'm excited to see my almost present

Unfortunately I wont get it for a couple of weeks as he is planning on ordering it online

I'm am getting SO excited about this!!!! hahahaha
  7. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

I actually was excited when I found his blog cause I have the D40 and since he talks about all different brands of cameras there. I actually bought the D3000 too but I returned it cause it is the same than the D40 only newer. I don't know about the Sony since I've never play with it but I know you will love the D3000. Ohh for a little over $100 you can also get the D5000 which has video capability. Just in case that's important to you and you can shed the extra $150 or so...
  8. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post

I actually was excited when I found his blog cause I have the D40 and since he talks about all different brands of cameras there. I actually bought the D3000 too but I returned it cause it is the same than the D40 only newer. I don't know about the Sony since I've never play with it but I know you will love the D3000. Ohh for a little over $100 you can also get the D5000 which has video capability. Just in case that's important to you and you can shed the extra $150 or so...
    LOL I haven't even researched them yet So I feel totally clueless!!!

All he mentioned was that he found the Sony on sale with 2 lenses haha

We will see
  9. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    Well that was intimidating

I went to see the cameras and I literally had NO idea what to do with em hahahahaha I had no clue what to ask or what to look for I could have been holding a large rock

Total fail

I couldn't even see which one weighed more cause one of em didn't have the lenses on

Either way, they told me that Nikon was better. Which we kinda already know...

So I guess I will pass it along to Dh to get the Nikon, as what I have read so far suggest it is the better camera even if the Sony would be a good buy since it comes with an additional lenses?

IDK... Either way I'm sure I will enjoy learning how to use it
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

i have a nikon d40 and i love it!! i also love ken rockwells website

As for nikon vs canon, they are both great cameras
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast