Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: RAW photos

1. Patiently waiting....
    Patiently waiting....

RAW photos

Advertisements
    I like to use this setting to take pictures. I was using a trial program online to open and edit the files but it ran out. What is a good program for opening/editing the RAW files?
  2. Senior Member
    Well, there is always photoshop. What kind of camera do you have? Did it come with any software? I have a Canon Rebel and it came with Digital Photo Professional, as well as a couple of other programs that I can open, edit, and convert RAW files in.
  3. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    If you have a mac, Aperture is a good program, and reasonably priced.
  4. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    I know Nikon gives editing software with their cameras (Capture). I personally use Adobe Lightroom (just for converting RAWs to JPEG and basic retouches, I use Photoshop for more extensive editing) and love it. There's a free trial, but obviously eventually you have to pay for it. In my case it was worth it to buy it because I am a paid photographer.
  5. Patiently waiting....
    Patiently waiting....
    Quote Originally Posted by ComCamWife View Post
    I know Nikon gives editing software with their cameras (Capture). I personally use Adobe Lightroom (just for converting RAWs to JPEG and basic retouches, I use Photoshop for more extensive editing) and love it. There's a free trial, but obviously eventually you have to pay for it. In my case it was worth it to buy it because I am a paid photographer.
    I have a Nikon D40 that I recently got. What version of photoshop do you have?
    Is the Adobe Lightroom just for raw photos or does it do other photoshop stuff too? Is the free trial for the Lightroom?

Thanks!