Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Canon Digital SLR?

1. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries

Canon Digital SLR?

Advertisements
    DH asked me what I want for Xmas. I saw a package deal on bestbuy.com that features one of the Canon Rebel Digital SLRs with a lens and then a tele-zoom lens. My question is... is it Canon that has the lenses that will fit any Canon body as you upgrade your camera?? I know there is a digital company that does this. I want a camera that can grow with me... Are there other companies I should consider?

Right now I have an old Minolta SLR and a Pentax SLR with Sigma lens. Both are 35mm cameras and I love them... but I think its about time I go digital.
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Um, as far as I know, yes (I will look it up though). I have a 20D, an OLD Rebel G 35mm, and my FIL's XTi right now and the lenses I have all fit on both of the digital SLRs (the digital lenses do not fit on the Rebel G, but it is seriously like... 15 years old. ).

3. Senior Member
    Yup - Canon ROCKS!
  4. Senior Member
    I have the Sony Alpha200, and absolutely LOVE it! Upgrades are fairly simple, though can get pricey with Sony. But, for how basic the 200 is, I'm SO impressed with how it handles all environments and subjects.

I'm in love with my Sony.
  5. Senior Member
    Any canon lenses should fit any canon body. I believe all camera companies are like this.

Before you decide on bestbuy though, search around (unless you are using a best buy card). Look at places like B&H photo video, adorma and other places like that as you can get better deals normally.
  6. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Yeah! As far as I know, most camera manufacturers do this. I have three Nikon bodies and all of my lenses work on each body. A prior coworker of mine bought a Pentax K10D and can use the entire line of Pentax lenses on her K10D. And of course you can always buy 3rd party lenses (Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, etc) for Nikon, Canon, Pentax, etc as well.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Costco's got a package deal of the Rebel XSi body, an 18-55mm lens, a 55-250mm lens, huge camera bag, 4GB memory card, strap, 100 free prints at Costco, rechargable batter, and battery charger for $779.

My husband just bought me this package for me for my Christmas gift. I'm allowed to have it early though so I can't wait to start learning to shoot with it!!!
  8. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your suggestion and responses. I'll have to look around. I'm not positive I want a canon as I love my Pentax... I don't really know. I'll keep researching.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I just bought my first SLR and I got the new Canon Rebel. I researched for about 20 hours before I finally decided. Canon and Nikon are pretty much still the best. It basically boils down to which of the lens that you prefer. And yes, the lenses should always be transferable.