Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: gwen's letter

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Sad gwen's letter

Advertisements
    this is the letter that gwen's previous owner wrote for her when they had to give her up. i teared up.

Hi, my name is Gwen. i unfortunately have to leave home, not because i am a bad dog, but because of some very sad circumstances. six weeks ago my mommy had a baby, and then she became very ill. the baby is also not so well. this has become a serious financial burden on my family. because of this expense they simply are not able to take care of me properly. not only is buying my food a serious problem, but with mom's health issues, even getting to play isn't easy. i'm only one year old and i've been with my mom and dad since seven weeks - we love each other a lot. please don't think that i am here because i am unloved, i am here because my parents love me enough to know that i require more attention and that there are other people out there to take care of me better than they are able to with out new family circumstances.
    then it goes on to tell about her and her attidute, her likes and dislikes. i feel so bad that they had to give her up, but so blessed that she's now part of our family.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    that is really really sad.
    have fun with the new pup!
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That was very sad....I am so happy she has come to a new home and will also be very loved!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    how sad. But lucky for Gwen that you found her!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    aww, how sweet the family wrote that letter
  6. Senior Member
    Is there any way you could contact them and let them know how happy you are to have her? Im sure it would make feel so good to know how much you love her already.
  7. Miranda
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    Is there any way you could contact them and let them know how happy you are to have her? Im sure it would make feel so good to know how much you love her already.
    Thats a good idea so glad she found your home!!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    awww poor baby
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    i have no idea. i don't think so, but i really wish i could. the rescue actually got her from a shelter which is where the parents orginially took her. so i doubt i could get that into.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones