Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I feel like such a bad doggie mom..

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I feel like such a bad doggie mom..

Advertisements
    I feel so bad. B/c Lola is in heat I only have a few options. I can lock her in the dog room which is small or I can cage her which is smaller or I can put her out back in our fenced in area which is huge. But they want to be in they want to be with me. Lola and Charlie whine and look so sad. I put the diaper on her at night and if it was easier and she didn't fight me the whole time I'd do it during the day to but she hates it so I feel bad doing it. UGH I can't win at all right now! I wish there was a way I could get through to her doggie brain that I just simply can't have her in the house the way she normally is until the heat is over. I am mopping 4 times a day right now in the kitchen alone! I don't want to do the whole house 4 times!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Your not a bad mommy - you are doing what is best for her. I know it's hard when they don't understand that, though.
    Even with a completely fenced area I would NOT allow her outside without direct supervision. Dogs have been known to mate through fencing - not to mention that a what previously seemed inpenetrable fencing becomes little obstacle to a male when the dog on the other side is in heat. They can jump higher and dig faster when properly motivated.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePeekingDuck View Post
    Your not a bad mommy - you are doing what is best for her. I know it's hard when they don't understand that, though.
    Even with a completely fenced area I would NOT allow her outside without direct supervision. Dogs have been known to mate through fencing - not to mention that a what previously seemed inpenetrable fencing becomes little obstacle to a male when the dog on the other side is in heat. They can jump higher and dig faster when properly motivated.
    Oh jeez! Are you kidding!! I never would have thought that!!! Crapola!! Ok I'm cleaning up the doggie area and letting her in now. Now I feel even worse. Poor thing will have like no room to move. But with her leaking blood everywhere and fighting the diaper I see no real solution. It can't be sanatairy to have her bleeding and then have the kids play on that same floor. I mean I mop but I don't get it all. At least the dog floor is white so I can see it all. UGH just what I need little Lola's..ROFL
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Please don't feel bad - you are being a great doggy mom! Most people don't realize that what is a secure place when the dog is not in heat may not be so when she IS. It's easy to undersestimate the hormonal drive of dogs.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePeekingDuck View Post
    Please don't feel bad - you are being a great doggy mom! Most people don't realize that what is a secure place when the dog is not in heat may not be so when she IS. It's easy to undersestimate the hormonal drive of dogs.
    Thanks She's been religated to the dog room and only outside for supervised outside time. I just cannot leave her in her cage all day I feel terrible about it. She seems ok and I go in there quite frequently to play with them and love on them. I love my furbabies!! She just keeps looking at me like but why can't I go in the rest of the house. But once it's over rest assured she will regain the ability to run about the rest of the house..LOL