Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want a baby fishie?

1. RockstarMom

Exclamation Anyone want a baby fishie?

Advertisements
    That is, if they survive.

Arrow is Black Molly fish and she is HUGE preggo and I am guessing she is going to have her babies sometime before the month is out. It could be as early as a week. I am not sure if they will all survive because I do not have her in a breeder tank. I am letting her stay in the main tank and well, sometimes fish eat the baby fish. Oh well, fact of life I guess.

Anyways. I am giving the babies away if anyone wants them (again, if they survive).
    Oh and you have to come get them. I am not dropping them off to anyone.
  2. Senior Member
    wish i lived close by i'd take all of them off your hands--i love fish-its a hobby of mine. have fun with them though!

Visit My Fitness Like Page for fitness tips and inspiration and Visit My New Fitness Blog
  3. RockstarMom
    I would have done the whole breeder tank if I had a bigger tank, but I am already pushing my 10gal by having 3 mollies, 6 tetras and a frog.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Careful - you may well come down with a serious case of MTS!
    My mollies were always the least canibalistic of the livebreeders I kept - and had the biggest litters (I had one who regularly dropped 80 fry!)...good luck. One thing to consider, especially this time of year, is that many classrooms have tanks and may be looking for some new inhabitants.
  5. RockstarMom
    I suppose I could just put an ad on Craigslist. I can't afford the bigger tank until Christmas!! So I can not keep them.
  6. Lela
    My mollies don't eat the babies... I keep hoping... but they dont. So we have new babies twice a month....
  7. RockstarMom
    My mollies try to eat their own ..... so we'll see.
  8. Lela
    Quote Originally Posted by RockstarMom View Post
    My mollies try to eat their own ..... so we'll see.
    Yuck... I caught mine doing that yesterday.... I wanted to gag... stupid fish. I keep hoping they will die so I can get some angel fish... and my son won't let me give them away... maybe I will feed them to the cat.... hmm...
  9. RockstarMom

Yeah, My son is just mad we can't keep the babies. He doesn't grasp that the tank is too small!
  10. Banned
    Banned
    If you don't have moral objections to it many people who keep predatory fish will gladly take the overflow population off your hands. I used to breed livebearers and DH kept a large tank of predatory fish - it was a win/win as I could cull my broods and we didn't have to purchase live foods.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast