Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: American Bulldog?

1. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    As life is eternal, love is immortal.

Question American Bulldog?

Advertisements
    My Dh and I have been talking about getting another dog. I have been do alot of research and we both agreed on an American Bulldog being the right fit for us, or kids, and our Great Pyr too. Does anyone have one? If so what do you think? Anyone know much about them? Thank you in advance ladies.
    Siggy under construction!!!
  2. MoMo
    My Dh wants one too and one of his friends has one. She has three kids and the dog is great around them. He is huge, but a gentle giant. He takes great care of the kids and he doesnt really shed a lot. I think that we will get one when they have some puppies. I dont have one, but I have been around one, and I love them.
    They are so sweet but could definitely protect u in a time of need. Good luck and I hope that helped.
  3. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMo View Post
    My Dh wants one too and one of his friends has one. She has three kids and the dog is great around them. He is huge, but a gentle giant. He takes great care of the kids and he doesnt really shed a lot. I think that we will get one when they have some puppies. I dont have one, but I have been around one, and I love them.
    They are so sweet but could definitely protect u in a time of need. Good luck and I hope that helped.
    Thank you so much. My Great pyr is around 100lbs so we need something closer to her size and all I have heard is good things about these dogs. Thanks for your input.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    before deciding on this breed please do a search to find out what areas do not allow these type of dogs-

there are several counties,cities and towns that have breed restrictions- not to mention apts, homeowners and military housing-
  5. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    I would love to have one, but DF doesnt want any kind of bully breed I would like a pit, but hes not into those kinds of dogs He wants a lab or something like that, seeing as we have 4 kids between us. I personally think any kind of dog is ok with kids so long as you train them right.

We're from the country.. And we like it that way
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I was searching Google- and came across info regarding homeowners and renters isurance regarding these kind of dogs-- please check with your insurance co to verify that they will cover you incase of a dog bite or attack-

and I little story about the costs of a dog bite in case you do not have renters or homeowners insurance---

A very close friend had a dalmation- he was a sweet wonderful old dog- in his life he never bit, hardly barked and was all around a great dog-
    one night this family had company over including a 3 yr old little girl. the little girl was playing on the floor with the boys who lived there and the dog growled and bit the little girls face-- resulting in 25 stitches to her face and neck-

the resulting law suit ended with an out of court settlement in the tume of 250,000 dollars!!!

if this family had not had insurance listing the dog they would have lost everything- thier house, thier cars, thier businesses-

this family can never have another dog insured and they had to put the dalmation down.

if you have any kind of pet make sure you have insurance to cover bites and attacks.
  7. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    before deciding on this breed please do a search to find out what areas do not allow these type of dogs-

there are several counties,cities and towns that have breed restrictions- not to mention apts, homeowners and military housing-
    I'm way ahead of you. When I said I reserched it I checked out every aspect. We still feel this is the breed for us. But thank you for your concern.