Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FLEAS!!!

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Exclamation FLEAS!!!

Advertisements
    My Pomeranian is a flea magnet... I have another dog and you can't see one on her. We try shampoos, collars, sprays, the whole nine yards and they'll be gone for a day, but then they come back w/ a vengance (sp??)... My DH won't cave in to Frontline and like I said, my other dog doesn't have this problem. I don't want my Pom to suffer and I'm sure as hell not happy about them getting in my carpet and/or bed and not to forget to mention ME!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to remedy this problem? It's becoming more of a concern now too b/c my son will be here next month and I don't want those lil bastards near him... TIA ladies!
  2. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Frontline! Tell your hubby to get over it! If you don't have a cat you can do Advantix and it will repel mosquitos as well!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  3. only person you can save, is yourself
    only person you can save, is yourself
    desn't he love tiki and not want her to suffer?! lol well good luck on that girly, my cousins are also having a problem with fleas but that's with a hamster they're just trying to find flea treatment for the hamster
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    FRONTLINE ALL THE WAY!!!!!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I told him and he just nodded... Idk if he was ignoring me, humoring me, or what... I'm going to just grab my cc and get it during the week while he's at work. The dog can be annoying as hell, but I still love her and I don't want her to suffer.
  6. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Besides frontline you need to bomb the house as well. If you kill all the fleas on the dog but not the eggs/fleas in the house they will just come back. Also spray your yard since that is where they are coming from. Good luck!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    Besides frontline you need to bomb the house as well. If you kill all the fleas on the dog but not the eggs/fleas in the house they will just come back. Also spray your yard since that is where they are coming from. Good luck!
    My neighbor is a landscaper and we def had a talk w/ him about taking care of the yard as far as the problem goes... Times like this I wish I wasn't prego so I could go out and get these things done outside b/c our yard is a wreck IMO... We have these overgrown Q-tip looking things along our fence and the dog picks "friends" from them and drops em off for her mommy at the door... (Snakes are her fav... )
  8. Senior Member
    Unfortunately if one dog has fleas the other dog does too. You need to treat both dogs, your yard and your house to properly stop the flea life cycle.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Unfortunately if one dog has fleas the other dog does too. You need to treat both dogs, your yard and your house to properly stop the flea life cycle.
    Yeah, I've def been bathing Greta and doing everything w/ her too even though I don't see anything... I'm almost to the point where they both might even have to go b/c I'm going to have a full plate w/ my son as is... (Greta was living w/ my mom before she came back w/ me and Tiki is wanted by my aunt.)
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    ok you need to treat the yard

you need to bomb your house and then rebomb it in two weeks..most people dont know to do that but its the best way to go...

You need to put FRONTLINE PLUS on the animals...Not top spot, it doesnt kill flea eggs....

you need to cut up a flea collar and put it in your vaccuum...

If your issue is really bad, I suggest calling your vet and asking for a capstar pill...it kills all the fleas in 15 minutes...After doing that you can bathe them and wait 48 hours and then apply the frontline.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast