Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WA ladies, anyone want a dog?

1. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife

WA ladies, anyone want a dog?

Advertisements
    No, seriously, we just don't have the time or energy for him. I think he needs to go or I need some advice on how to keep my house from being covered with a layer of dirt everytime he comes in for the night to his crate. He shakes and I end up cleaning endlessly. I won't do it with a baby coming.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Where did you get him, return him...Like to the humane society, someone will adopt him.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  3. Banned
    Banned
    What breed is he? I would suggest finding a rescue that deals in his breed (or one of them if he is mixed) or an all-breed rescue and have them place him for you.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KDMatthews View Post
    No, seriously, we just don't have the time or energy for him. I think he needs to go or I need some advice on how to keep my house from being covered with a layer of dirt everytime he comes in for the night to his crate. He shakes and I end up cleaning endlessly. I won't do it with a baby coming.
    did you think having a dog would be clean??????????? um no. move the crate closer to the door & grow up. geez. he's crate trained....that's half the battle.

reminds me of the people who surrendered what is now my grandma's cat at the humane society because their kids played in its litter box....

/rant
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have two aussies and i dont have dog hair all over my house?! if he is losing that much hair he may have a health issue. I run the vaccum the same way i did before them. And they are indoor everywhere dogs.

If he is a pure breed, try the seattle pure breed rescue, if you got him at the humane society, resurrender him there.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  6. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    I believe you said he's a Lab right? I'm sure there has got to be a Lab Rescue in WA that he can go to.

I'm having a really hard time keeping my mouth shut on this one. You should see the dirt my dogs have tracked into my house, and they are indoor dogs. You said that he only comes into your house at night...so, you don't have to deal with him all day, and then he goes to his crate at night?...

I'm sorry you feel incapable of taking care of the dog. Its probably in his best interest to go to another family who wants to spend time with him and is willing to clean up the dirt that dogs inevitably bring inside on occasion.

Here's a link to a Labrador rescue in the Puget Sound area of WA.

http://www.pslra.org/html/rescue.htm
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    did you think having a dog would be clean??????????? um no. move the crate closer to the door & grow up. geez. he's crate trained....that's half the battle.

reminds me of the people who surrendered what is now my grandma's cat at the humane society because their kids played in its litter box....

/rant
    there is alot that goes into a decision to get rid of a dog esp. one that is a family pet. we've made that decision with my dog because it's what's best for our family right now to not have a pet!
  8. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife
    I understand you are all thinking I'm a baby or whatever. It's not hair everywhere, he shakes as soon as he gets into the house and our back yard is basically half dirt so I get a layer of dirt everywhere. On my diningroom table, floor, etc. we both work 40+ hours a week and yes we feed him, walk him, play with him, and yes we'll miss him, but he's bored all day. He digs so badly we have to keep him tied up, he can't be in the house all day since he chews everything. I've spent a few hundred dollars trying to train him and I've worked with him. His energy level is SO HIGH that we just can't compete. Honestly, I think I'm doing what's best for him, since he obviously needs more space to run around.
  9. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    there is alot that goes into a decision to get rid of a dog esp. one that is a family pet. we've made that decision with my dog because it's what's best for our family right now to not have a pet!
    People get upset about it because when you get a pet, its supposed to be a lifetime committment...through the good, the bad, or whatever. I've shared my feelings with you in the other thread about your dog, but I just wanted to comment here because I can totally see why people get upset about this kind of thing.
  10. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    I understand you are all thinking I'm a baby or whatever. It's not hair everywhere, he shakes as soon as he gets into the house and our back yard is basically half dirt so I get a layer of dirt everywhere. On my diningroom table, floor, etc. we both work 40+ hours a week and yes we feed him, walk him, play with him, and yes we'll miss him, but he's bored all day. He digs so badly we have to keep him tied up, he can't be in the house all day since he chews everything. I've spent a few hundred dollars trying to train him and I've worked with him. His energy level is SO HIGH that we just can't compete. Honestly, I think I'm doing what's best for him, since he obviously needs more space to run around.
    Hence why I posted the link to the Lab rescue. I hope you are able to find him a good home.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast