Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Kips first day at camp!

  1. Account Closed
    toothfairy03's Avatar
    toothfairy03 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,012
    #1

    Kips first day at camp!

    Advertisements
    On Friday I took Kip to the Petsmart doggie day camp for the first time! I felt really comfortable there vs. Care A Lot Pets day camp. I'm starting early on looking for places to board him for his first time while DH and I go on vacation. When I did pick a place I wanted to let Kip know that his mom & dad are coming back to get him. Thats why I did the daycare first. He had a blast. The lady said Kip tried to sneak out a couple of times from the group .

    Now we booked him at the pet hotel for him to stay a whole week. I feel like a responsible pet mommy
  2. Account Closed
    Sunshyne's Avatar
    Sunshyne is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    23,919
    #2
    That's great that you felt comfortable with kip there!! What a good pet mommy you are!
  3. Banned
    Miss B Hav'n's Avatar
    Miss B Hav'n is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Inducky :-)
    Posts
    11,120
    #3
    Too cute/funny. I bet he had a blast!
  4. Senior Member
    cricketswife's Avatar
    cricketswife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Norfolk, Va
    Posts
    5,519
    Blog Entries
    1
    #4
    so you had taken him to care a lot before?

    i ask cause i work at care a lot. in the grooming salon. and i totally agree with the day care. even if i did get a discount at the day care, i would not be taking buddy there. i just don't like they way they run things there. i deal with them on a daily basis with having to get dogs from them to groom. good choice not going there. but, i've only ever heard bad things about the petsmarts around here for grooming though. if ya need him groomed, come see me!

    If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  5. Account Closed
    toothfairy03's Avatar
    toothfairy03 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,012
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    so you had taken him to care a lot before?

    i ask cause i work at care a lot. in the grooming salon. and i totally agree with the day care. even if i did get a discount at the day care, i would not be taking buddy there. i just don't like they way they run things there. i deal with them on a daily basis with having to get dogs from them to groom. good choice not going there. but, i've only ever heard bad things about the petsmarts around here for grooming though. if ya need him groomed, come see me!
    I've taken Kip to get groomed by a guy who works there but it was awhile ago. When I first walked in the daycare office they started the process of asking questions about his eating schedule and so forth. Then she asked for my name and told me that I needed an appointment for the eval and its $10.00. Just very short with me like they wanted me to leave cause Kip was crying to go play with the other dogs. He could hear them. I liked that at Petsmart you can look in on the daycare and the security cameras showing the economy /suites and training rooms.

    Earlier this week did you see a dog named Bauer, black lab? Thats my friends dog!
  6. Senior Member
    AshleyJ's Avatar
    AshleyJ is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ft Gordon, GA
    Posts
    4,689
    Blog Entries
    1
    #6
    Petsmart has a daycare? That's friggin awesome. I need to check that out... I can't leave my Pom at home b/c she has severe separation anxiety and all of her "sitters" don't want her anymore b/c she's too hyper and today she chewed up the side of a house...
  7. Senior Member
    cricketswife's Avatar
    cricketswife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Norfolk, Va
    Posts
    5,519
    Blog Entries
    1
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GMEdwardsWife View Post
    I've taken Kip to get groomed by a guy who works there but it was awhile ago. When I first walked in the daycare office they started the process of asking questions about his eating schedule and so forth. Then she asked for my name and told me that I needed an appointment for the eval and its $10.00. Just very short with me like they wanted me to leave cause Kip was crying to go play with the other dogs. He could hear them. I liked that at Petsmart you can look in on the daycare and the security cameras showing the economy /suites and training rooms.

    Earlier this week did you see a dog named Bauer, black lab? Thats my friends dog!
    yes! we saw bauer on sunday! another bather name lauren does him. he's so freakin' cute. bauer's dad requests her. what kind of dog is kip? we only have one guy who works there. his name is bob, and he's the manager.

    If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  8. Account Closed
    toothfairy03's Avatar
    toothfairy03 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,012
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    yes! we saw bauer on sunday! another bather name lauren does him. he's so freakin' cute. bauer's dad requests her. what kind of dog is kip? we only have one guy who works there. his name is bob, and he's the manager.

    I remember mike saying a girls name but I didn't remember who it was. Kip is a doxie/carin terrier mix. I'm not 100% sure its carin terrier but he looks just like one but has the doxie length. Its funny to see Bauer and Kip play. Kip weighs about 13lbs and you know how huge Bauer is.
  9. Senior Member
    cricketswife's Avatar
    cricketswife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Norfolk, Va
    Posts
    5,519
    Blog Entries
    1
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GMEdwardsWife View Post
    I remember mike saying a girls name but I didn't remember who it was. Kip is a doxie/carin terrier mix. I'm not 100% sure its carin terrier but he looks just like one but has the doxie length. Its funny to see Bauer and Kip play. Kip weighs about 13lbs and you know how huge Bauer is.
    oh yeah, bauer is only gonna get bigger too!

    i thought i might remember kip, but i guess i don't. for some reason i'm picturing a maltese that was named kip.

    If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •