Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Well, this is just dandy

1. Banned
    Banned

Well, this is just dandy

Advertisements
    When we got our latest foster she was an owner surrender so I *thought* we had gotten some good info on her. Well, today the reportedly spayed kitty went into heat Can I just say how much I love living with a cat in heat? SHE WON"T STOP CALLING - she has been quiet (asleep) for all of about 1/2 an hour today and it was so funny because I had everyone in the house on quiet orders so that she wouldn't get woken up - it was worse than when you have newborn napping, lol. Now I get to live with this for the next few days until she is done and we can have her fixed. MAKE IT STOP!
  2. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    I have been through that (with two of them at the same time no less!) and you have my greatest sympathy- it's going to be a loud few days
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i'm so sorry hun i don't understand how someone would lie about that
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    oh man! thats what u need! well that and a set of high quality ear plugs...
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Oh no--I know how frustrating that can beI'm sorry
  6. Senior Member
    Throw her in the bathtub...

The wetness will distract her, and she'll lick herself.. She'll stop for a couple hours, and it won't hurt her...
  7. Senior Member
    AWW CRAP!! Nothing worse than a cat in heat...the noise is horrible!! Good luck with that one.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Had to laugh at the bathtub suggestiong - she has a bad habit of falling in all the time anyway so I am tempted to just fill it and let her "fall" so I don't have the guilt of actually putting her in.

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    i'm so sorry hun i don't understand how someone would lie about that
    Me either, but I don't know that it was intentional. The person who surrendered her was not the original owner but rather someone who had taken her in from a neighbor who was going to get rid of her (then that person ended up unable to keep her and surrendered her to us). I think the information the surrenderer gave was simply repeating what she was told by the original owner who I think is the one who gave the initial misinformation. I love the vet we use because they tattoo the ear of all animals they alter (it's easy to check males to see if they are altered but not so much with females - the tattoooing helps to cut down on unneccessary procedures if/when an animal ends up in a shelter, etc because they can just look in the ear and see the tattoo - they also tattoo the belly right where you would shave to prep for a spay) but I had just figured the vet who had done this kitty was one that tattooed when I didn't see any markings on her.