Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fish Tank Question!

1. RockstarMom

Confused Fish Tank Question!

Advertisements
    I set up our tank last Sunday and I was told I had to run the filter for a week before I got our fish and put them in. (we're getting freshwater tropical community fish and 2 water frogs) Now the water is all cloudy.
    I'm supposed to get plants for the tank today, as they can go in as soon as 3 days after I set up the filter and have it running.

Will the plants take care of the cloudiness or do I need to get the drops for the tank?

WTF do I do?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Im sorry im not sure...My mom has a freshwater and she ran it for just a few days...I dont know anything about the freshwater.

We have a salt one...

Do you have an aquarium store you can call?
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes when you add in the fish there is a bacteria bloom. Just give it a week or so and see if it clears up. Generally it will take a week to two and it will clear up to sparkling.
  4. Senior Member
    I'd talk to the people at petsmart or where ever you're going to buy the fish. I had a 30 gallon tank for about 10 years and I never had that problem. I had an over the back filter and the under gravel kind. Not at same time though. I liked the undergravel filter better, less work.
  5. Lela
    My tank did that and there was this tetris water drops that we put in and it helped a little... once we put the fish in it was fine...
  6. RockstarMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Lela View Post
    My tank did that and there was this tetris water drops that we put in and it helped a little... once we put the fish in it was fine...
    ok. I am going to talk to the chick at PetSmart when I go get my plants today.