Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fleas..

1. Senior Member

Fleas..

Advertisements
    UGH...they won't leave my puppy alone!! What should we use?
    Living life, enjoying Dad's Retirement from the Navy!
  2. Senior Member
    i use advantage on mine and the fleas are all gone.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have always had great luck with Frontline. I am going to start putting it on our doggy next month (with the deep freeze here we dont need it year round. but in warmer climates you do)
  4. willsnavygurl18
    just go to the local pet store and buy some stuff to give it a flea bath in aor some flea shampoo
  5. Senior Member
    How old is your puppy? We use advantage and love it but I think there is an age limit to use it. Plus once you have them off of your puppy you need to make sure your house is flea free...There are sprays and stuff and worse case you can use a flea bomb.

Ask Me About IH!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I tend to shy away from some of the stuff out there you can buy. SOme of it can actually be toxic to the animal. Advantage is good. I use frontline because thats what we sold in the vet clinic I worked in. So I just got accustomed to using it. It is used monthly but it helps kill the cycle. So does advantage.

Frontline can be used as young as 8 weeks. I buy my frontline online and get a cheaper price. It goes by weight. You will also want to keep an eye out for tapeworm (looks like rice) since a doggy ingesting an infected flea can get it. And like said above, definatly treat your home.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You should never buy OTC flea treatments...In the vets i worked for we saw numerious cases of dogs and cats that their skin actually burned from them...Go to your vets and get frontline...Cause unlike advantage, it actually does something to the fleas that in your house and still alive when you put it on your dog...
  8. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    I say advantage, I feel its the safest for puppies. It was recommended to me by a vet because its the only one safe enough to use on Guinea Pigs, they are so fragile I cannot use anything else but advantage, I mean guinea pigs are so fragile I cannot even use any shampoo that even has a hint of medication in it, and if advantage is safe enough for a little guinea pig, I would say its safe enough for a puppy.
  9. Lilithdrff
    I recommend advantage or frontline, given by a vet, they work great. A lot of the stuff they sell in stores can be very toxic to dogs and cats, and even cause death in worst-case scenerios.
  10. Senior Member
    We bought frontline plus from 1800petmeds.com (I think. Sorry its been awhile) It was great. we were starting to get them bad. we had them in the carpet. We got the frontline and within 24 hours they were all gone.