Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: nutrition and exercise

1. holysht

nutrition and exercise

Advertisements
    i made the mistake of giving my dog canned food a lot when he was a puppy now he lets his food sit in his dish for a day or two waiting for the canned goods before finally giving in to eat..

when this first started to happen i was worried he was gonna starve himself (dunno why i felt that way. i still fed him table scraps. he's a big spoiled baby) so i tried to make him eat. i started to treat the dry kibble as treats. id give it to him for doing "tricks" or just grab a few and tell him he was a good boy while eating out of my hand..

one of my favorite ways to feed him though is in the kitchen.. i hope i dont sound mean, but id sit on side of the kitchen and him on the other then id roll the food across the floor and watch him chase after it. its so fun! he'll really get into it; its like a game for him. he loves to play and he loves to eat so putting them together seems like the right thing to do..

ill so it in the living room too. he'll search the carpet frantically to make sure he got everything. ill roll them under his nose and watch him run after the kibble and pounce on it lol...

i dunno if anyone else finds this as entertaining as i do
  2. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    sounds like soemthing my cats would love
  3. holysht
    lol, my cat is too boring so my dog keeps me entertained
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    just don't give him anymore table scraps or canned food and eventually he'll eat. he won't starve himself.
  5. lamperz
    my baby is the same way. he's so picky. he gives in eventually though. i'm worried because he will have to stay here at my house for the week i'm in chicago and he's going to get spoiled even more. we feed our dogs wet food and dry food mixed together with leftovers. he's gunna be a fatty by the time i get home. XD
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    buddy use to be the same way with iams (we stopped feeding him that a long time ago though) but i got one of those balls that rolls around and drops food, and that's the only way he'd eat that food. and it was pretty entertaining. until he got out of control with the ball and started smashing stuff with it.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones