Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Took Bruce to the Vet...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Thumbs Up Took Bruce to the Vet...

Advertisements
    Bruce had his vet appointment today for the large bump/open wound thing on his foot. The vet said it is probably some kind of a tumor and that they are very common for Boxers. She said it is most likely benine since he is young, but they are doing a test to make sure. I asked if there was anything I could do for it, and she said not really and to just leave it alone. She said if he is gnawing at it or something then I need to make him stop, but he really only licks on it if it starts to bleed. I will find out in a couple of weeks the results.

I think it is so awesome that the vet on base visit is free! I had to pay like 64 bucks for the test, but if I went elsewhere it would have cost alot more because I would have had to pay for an office visit fee too.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Why is it going to take them a few weeks to get the results? Our FNAs/biopsys come back in a week or less.

Yeah its nice that they are free!
  3. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I have to take Ordie in for the same thing. He has a small bump as well. He is not so young so I hope everything is Ok. I know tumors are common in boxers.. I am so glad Bruce is OK.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    Why is it going to take them a few weeks to get the results? Our FNAs/biopsys come back in a week or less.

Yeah its nice that they are free!
    The vet is going out of the country tomorrow and won't be back until the 20th so she is going to give me a call back then.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    I have to take Ordie in for the same thing. He has a small bump as well. He is not so young so I hope everything is Ok. I know tumors are common in boxers.. I am so glad Bruce is OK.
    Thanks let me know how it goes with Ordie.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Do they only just have one vet?
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    Do they only just have one vet?
    she said it was just her and the receptionists ...so I dunno
  8. Senior Member
    I hope you hear good news...Ordie too...Ida Mae had one on top of her head, they did a small biopsy but left it there because of where it's at, it was just a fatty type tumor.

to all my Boxer moms and snuffles to the babies.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    hope the results come back good!

and i totally know what you mean about the vets on base! i LOVED LOVED LOVED the vet at great lakes. (i think that's the only thing i miss about that place ) buddy got sick, like, i thought dying sick, so i got him in there right away. the office fee was like, $2 if that. anyway, he examined buddy, did a couple x-rays, and ran blood work. to top it all over, they sent me home with 2 bags of iv fluid, two tube thingys for them, and a whole cup of the iv needles (they had to send me home with the stuff cause it was a friday, and they weren't there on the weekend) anyway, i got all that stuff, iv stuff, blood work, xrays, the exam, all of that, for just under $100!

he was the nicest vet i ever had too i miss him

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones