Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: bath time is ALWAYS an adventure

1. Senior Member

bath time is ALWAYS an adventure

Advertisements
    Giving Brownie a bath is complete hell. Or at least getting her into the bathroom is hell. Once you get her in there, she's fine. She used to have to be picked up and put in the bathtub, now she reluctantly jumps in. This is what I had to go thru just to get her into the bathroom.

I had her in the bathroom quite easily because I had to pee and she followed. Well I forgot to get a towel and she escaped. I'm chasing her around the house trying to get her to go in the bathroom. I got her in the bedroom, which has a door into the bathroom and I closed the bedroom door and the other bathroom door. She jumps on the bed and tries to hide under the covers. I went to go get a hot dog to bribe her and she escaped again. So she's laying on the couch and will not move to get the hot dog. So I get her leash, which makes her jump around like she's lost her mind. I put it on her and it was choker style and she sits down and refuses to move. Not wanting to choke my dog, I put it on an actual link. I say "come on Brownie" and she walks right to the bathroom. Maybe I should have done that first.

At least she smells good.
  2. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Sophie protested at first when she was younger, but she's gotten better about it now! She will jump in for us now, but doesn't like the initial water wet down! LOL!!!

Glad she smells good!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  3. Ollie
    Hehe sounds like what goes on in my house.
  4. Senior Member
    She used to get baths outside, until we found out the guy that had her abused her with the frickin hose. He would tie her up and squirt her with the hose as a punishment. She hasn't gotten a bath outside since. I just thought she didn't like it, I never would have thought she was literally terrified of it.

She's mad at me tho because I won't let her on the furniture since she's still wet.
  5. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    awwwww wet puppies are always funny! I am sorry she was a pain hehe
  6. my heart is home!
    my heart is home!
    we just gave marley a bath tonight too and he runs away from me when he knows he's getting one. i had to chase him upstairs he ran into my room for comfort lol he gets this forlorn look and goes limp when you pick him up oh geeze

he smells lovely now, he had lavender dog shampoo

glad miss browine smells good! sad her old owner used to abuse her with the hose...people suck so bad sometimes!