Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fighting rat's

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Grumpy Fighting rat's

Advertisements
    I don't know what's getting their fur out of whack but lately Husky & Squeaker have been going at it. I haven't noticed any blood on either of them but their fights are pretty bad. They look demented while fighting.

I'm sick of it. Any one know what may be going on? I think it's a ratty pissing contest. Hmmm, the eagles could settle that one.
  2. Ollie
    How old are they if you don't mind me asking? The reasoning I am asking is because rats reach social maturity at around 5-6 months of age. At this age, male rats in particular start to behave more aggressively toward each other. They shift from harmless play fighting into more serious adult fighting. The consistent winner of such interactions imposes himself on the other members of the colony. Humans describe this as as "becoming socially dominant." Once a dominance hierarchy is established, it may remain stable for a long period of time. Hope that helps.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We bought them both from a pet store. I'm guessing Husky is about 2 years and Squeaker about 1 year.

They've been living together for about 6 months.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    maybe they are trying to determine who gets to be the dominant one Hope it stops for you. I was worried when Thelma & Louise started fighting for a bit and I think that was the reason for them.