Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in San Diego want to adopt a Boxer?

1. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....

Anyone in San Diego want to adopt a Boxer?

Advertisements
    I just got this email from my Aunt about her friend (who is pretty much my aunt too) who has to find a new home for her baby girl Nala. Here is the email. And I will post pics in a little bit.

I am looking for a new home for this sweet, happy girl. This has been a very very difficult decision as she is much loved by myself and my 2 year old daughter, but as a single working mom....two dogs is just too much. Nala is her name and she would do best and be happiest with possibly someone who was home most of the time, so I was thinking she'd make great company for an older person or couple. Experiences a bit of separation anxiety if left alone for long periods of time as currently is the case when I am at work. I beleive this is very unfair to her. It is very important that we find just the right situation for her. She is a sweet sweet, loving, cuddly dog, despite the somewhat menacing look her cropped ears give her. Wants to be on couch or bed next to you....but would be happy with a fluffy dog bed of her own beside you. My daughter has hung on her, sat on her, pulled at her and she has never ever once even snapped at her.....so she is absolutely wonderful with children as far as I am concerned, but would do best without other dogs or cats. She is on the very small side for boxers weighing only about 45 pounds. She is about 7 years old, but with lots of energy still and no health problems. She must be kept on a leash if outside in ungated area as she will run as she loves to run run run! I could go on and on....and will provide more info to anyone who is interested or knows of anyone who might be interested in providing a loving caring home for her. I hope we can do just that. Thanks.

If anyone is interested, please PM me or respond to this thread. Thank you!

Here is a pic of her
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  2. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    OHHH I wish i could but I am in VA. She just looks just like my boxer, Ordie's mother. He is on the small side also. He is 61/2 and is 45 pounds. I want another boxer so bad.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I wish I could take her but I cant have her in housing. She is ADORABLE
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I hope she finds a home for her, I know my dh would say NO NO NO....he thinks we have to many pets already. She would go perfectly with my brucie though
  5. Senior Member
    Oh my...what a beautiful old girl!!! If I lived there I woudl take her in a heartbeat. Boxers are like potato chips to me.....I can't just stop at one.
  6. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Oh my...what a beautiful old girl!!! If I lived there I woudl take her in a heartbeat. Boxers are like potato chips to me.....I can't just stop at one.
    I thought I was the only one who thought that.
  7. trying to keep my head above water....
    I love her to death and she just loves to lick Ellie! I would take her, but my grandparents dont want any more animals.

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  8. Senior Member
    OMG I wish!!!!! We have a Boxer boy and I would love to get more boxers!!! If I only lived closer
  9. trying to keep my head above water....
    I actually just got an email back from her and she said that she changed her mind. She just cant part with her she loves her too much!

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  10. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Thats how I feel about mine. To me it would be like giving up one of my kids.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast